ok, now what?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Jul 7, 2010.

Jul 7, 2010

ok, now what? by Blaze163 at 6:52 PM (761 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Cut a long story short, I'm running 5.50 Prometheus on a PSP 1000 model, with a 4GB mem card. I've 'acquired' Alundra for PS1, and I've ended up with a folder with 3 files in it. a .ccd, a .img, and a .sub.

WTF do I do with them to make it into something my PSP can use? I'm used to using eboots from a site I discovered (which just got hold of a Legend of the Dragoon eboot, WOOT, consider that taxed) and I'm none the wiser as to what I do with whatever these are. Advice please.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  3. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    So I just drop the CCD file where I'd normally put the ISO?

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I guess you didn't read the guide even though it's stickyed and I posted it.

Download PSX2PSP
    Convert
    Drop folder in GAME
    ????
    Profit

5. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Aye, and from what I read of it, it deals with converting ISO's to Eboots. I don't recall anything being mentioned about the file types I mentioned.

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    >.img

happy?

7. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cheers. Will give it a try now and chime in with the results shortly.

EDIT: so far so good. Conversion went smoothly. Transferring to my new card now, see if it works.

EDIT 2: Seems to be working fine. I didn't bother putting images on it, so I might get hold of some and do it again. Replace the old eboot with the new one when it has images so I can tell the difference between the many PS1 games I'll now be creating.

Sorry for being a pain in the arse. Guess I was having a bit of a blonde moment.

EDIT 3: Am reconverting the eboot I got from the first conversion to add some image files I got. seems to be taking a while. Is that normal?

8. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I haven't converted my own games, but there's many places from where you can download eboots all ready to play. I bet someone out there has an Alundra eboot.

9. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    That's OK. I fixed it now. The Alundra eboot works fine from what I can tell. Unfortunately the Legend of Dragoon eboot from my pre-made eboot list (some guy uploaded a tonne to Megaupload) is corrupt so I now have to make it myself. I'm still quite the newb so it's slow going. I'm managing for the most part though.

I still can't locate this popsloader I'm supposed to need, every link seems dead and it's not on Filetrip from what I gather. I'm also trying to remember exactly what it was Jamstruth told me with regards to getting FF8 working. Apparantly it's problematic.

EDIT: found Popsloader at long last. I understand I put the files on the root of my card. How do I enable it? What the F is the recovery menu? Sounds technical. Technical things make my brain implode.

10. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    The european version of FFVIII had copy protection, so if you're gonna convert it then you gotta get rid of the copy protection first. Otherwise you could just use the psn version which is slightly glitchy for some people OR use an eboot made from the american version.

11. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    From what I remember I have to change the ID number to get it working or something. Jamstruth mentioned it but I can't remember where.

EDIT: found and activated Popsloader. Recovery menu wasn't needed, damn thing switched itself on anyway.

Now to download FF9, disk by disk, on a slow connection. And convert it all into one master eboot. I'm gonna be here all bloody night [​IMG]

EDIT: To hell with this. I've been trying to download disk 1 of FF8 for over an hour. I don't have infinite time. Might just discretely use some sort of torrent site to speed things up while the old man's none the wiser.