Hacking Ok... Definitely buying a flashcart now

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, me and my bro are DEFINITELY finally buying flashcarts. We where considering the SCDS2, but decided against it after seeing it for close to $40 while the R4i gold was as low as $7 in some places. So here's what I want to know... what FC should we get?

Most important features:
Homebrew (Mostly for me, I care mostly about emulators, ebooks, and visual novels)
Commercial games (carrying them around is a pain in the ***)
and, most of all, price.

We where considering the R4i gold which we saw for $7 on price angels and $12 on shoptemp. Thing is, I'm not sure how the shipping is for either of those. If it's much faster on ST than I'm thinking of going with that.

Any other recommendations or does that seem sufficient?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i is a great card I have 3 of them, but if you want cheap just get 2 R4's off of ShopTemp. the total cost for both of them will only set you back 12$, thats 2 for the price of one AK2i and since WOOD R4 came out its a great purchase.

Edit: also you can add in 2 2GB Micro SD's and you'd still only be around 28$ total for everything and you both would have decent flash kits.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless either of you care about GBA roms, Acekard 2i is a fine choice. Even so, AK2i works great with EZ-Flash 3-in-1.

Personally, I would have tried the SCDS2 if I didn't already have an EZF.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used the AK2i for over a year on DSL/DSi/DSXL with no problems. It is the best flash card on the market as far as bang for the buck goes. With AKAIO software installed, it is a hard to beat combination.

Think about it, there has to be a reason so many enthusists here have chosen AceKard for their flash kit.

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah. I can't believe that I forgot to mention this, but we have dsi's so firmware upgrades is a must.

Also, I came to the realization that I have my psp for gba and snes, and they look pretty nice on there.

So really just backups, ebooks and homebrews. I must ask though, what makes the AK2i so special. And what's the best place to buy it?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
Oh yeah. I can't believe that I forgot to mention this, but we have dsi's so firmware upgrades is a must.

Also, I came to the realization that I have my psp for gba and snes, and they look pretty nice on there.

So really just backups, ebooks and homebrews. I must ask though, what makes the AK2i so special. And what's the best place to buy it?
AK2i is ONLY special because AKAIO (an OS). AKAIO is updated constantly so you can virtually achieved 100% playable DS games.

Best place to buy them is from ShopTemp.

Here ---> http://shoptemp.com/products/Acekard-2i-Ca...0.html?ref=6551

Be sure to buy a SD card and premium flashing services, since you have a DSi.

linkin007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's console you guys have? DSi or DS lite?

You must know you have to update the acekard 2i before you use it ,if your console is 1.4 version.

Most important thing is you need to confirm if the online store has texted the acekard 2i .

I recommend you 0shippingzone. pre-updated the acekard 2i for free

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Were basically all trying to say this

If you don't got 35-40$ and are on a low budget. Get this ----------->
ak2i-11__76657_zoom.jpg

If you are able to spend 35-40$ and able to spend the extra cash for cool amazing features ------>
DS_TWO_14.jpg

Period.

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems like a cool way to think of it.

Also, we have one micro sd already, so we'd only need one more so I could just copy to premium serviced cards file to that. So how much does the flashing service cost without the card?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From shoptemp the price of a Pre-Flashed AK2i WITHOUT a Micro SD card is $16.95 it's only like 2 dollars more so it's well worth it.

****PLEASE NOTE****

If you DO NOT have access to a DS Lite then BOTH AK2i's will need the "Premium Flashing Service" as you CANNOT just copy&paste the AK2i's 1.4 DSi update.

Here's the link to the AK2i from Shoptemp:
Shoptemp - AK2i

darkriku2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that, I was saying just the price of one card, I'd still get the flashing service for both, but than I can just copy the other files (the pre-packed homebrew) onto the other sd micro

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
I know that, I was saying just the price of one card, I'd still get the flashing service for both, but than I can just copy the other files (the pre-packed homebrew) onto the other sd micro
No, you can't. The update that they install is not stored on the microSD, it's flashed to the cart itself, so you can't just copy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.