PS1/2 Oh! Those regional settings.

slitherin96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a PAL PS2 slim which is soft-modded and a PAL TV. Thing is, my games are all NTSC. I use SMB loading with OPL v9.1 and I can't seem to find the "force PAL/NTSC" option I've grown so accustomed to with my wii. interesting enough, I found some type of NTSC to PAL converter for the actual ISO's, but since the PAL version of God of War doesn't save with SMB loading, will the converted NTSC one work? of course I could skip the whole process of converting, if only I knew where to find that force PAL option...

slitherin96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's not only the frequency. it's the colors as well. NTSC and PAL appear to have different color codings, meaning that playing in NTSC colors on a PAL tv will result in a black and wight picture.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
scart is actually an AV format it does have color coding

No, scart is a connector type that carries many signals.

Passing composite or s-video over it, then yes it uses PAL or NTSC colour encoding. But you can also pass RGB over it, bypassing the issue, assuming both the cable and socket are wired for it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
scart is actually an AV format it does have color coding

nope, if you use a true scart (and not a rca\av to scart adaptor) the ntsc games will work perfectly fine (a bit darker than av, but quality will improve) and it will not appear as black and white.

i had a pal ps2, with a old pal tv, the ntsc games were black and white (i also remember a instable image..)
then i bought a scart cable and it solved the problem...

note: my tv didn't had av\rca, only scart and antenna, so before getting the cable i was using a av to scart adaptor that come with the console, and this did nothing. the true scart cables uses RGB, therefore solving the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm