[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
Why so fanboi?
It's not like the text did not mention that they are going to rip off natal ass well (So they are even ripping themselves off, what weird bunch of guys)

also, fail argment to "not understand the analog stick" - It was in N64 controller (in launch default controller even) and in microsoft PC pad 2 years before PS1
and rumble was 1 year before in N64 than Dual shock.

So, understanding something as simple as a year number must not be that hard unless you become stupid so you can prove your failing point...

Plus, one similar looking wii controller against whole sony lineup is pretty small.

It's like nuking whole russia and saying that osama is more evil because he blew up WTC.
fanboi?
no no, I dont just dont like biased statements (or in this case the picture) ignoring other elements

the analog arguments makes no sense because it was on systems even before the NES
atari was using it before the rest
not only that but the sony flightstick was out using the same technology, dual joystick, a year before nintendo's n64
thats why

again the pictures ignored all other variables to make it look like nintedo got ripped off

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Its rather funny how they look almost identical but it is probably the best way to make something like this and the only way to allow free movement.

I think this is a bit weird though, why make it tethered to the PSEye? So that you can get more money? OF COURSE!!!

At least Natal has some serious techy interest even if it is just a gimmick its going to be the first ever proper 3D gesture related input to a video games console and sets bars to allow other things such as DVD players to begin to incorporate the technology (gesture related DVD control anyone?)

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, Sony does copy ideas from everybody else. But generally, they have improved on those ideas.
Which are better, analog sticks on an N64 or a PlayStation?
Rumble on a DualShock or rumble on the N64 rumble pack?
Motion on a Wii or motion with the PS Move?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
Which are better, analog sticks on an N64 or a PlayStation?
Rumble on a DualShock or rumble on the N64 rumble pack?
Motion on a Wii or motion with the PS Move?
N64.
Rumble on Dualshock lasts for a year and then you just get clicking noises. N64 still lasts to this day.
How will we know until we get the PS Move?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Joe88 said:
JereTHEend said:
Related very much...
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/Je...66915523065.jpg

Now, I do not hate sony, they do have a good console, but this image AND THAT DILDO THING is just too much similarity to hold - sony must not just ever had own original ideas for controllers that much...
43073308.jpg

but also things like the home button were on things like the psp way before 360 and ps3 and wii

and another arrow should be pointing to natal from eye toy

the analog stick relation doesnt make any sense as well
so you're saying that nintendo ripped off a design which started off as a ripoff of the snespad design?
WHAT CRAFTY BASTARDS!

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally they have 'ripped off' designs, although they usually improve upon them, and there are really only a number of ways to make a controller. It's designed for a human hand, which being pretty much the same from person to person means, so it makes sense to make the controllers pretty much the same.

I think the Playstation Move will probably do the whole motion control business quite well, maybe even better than the wii. But it'll still be just a gimmick, and probably won't get the software support it needs to really take off.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JereTHEend said:
Related very much...
1266915523065.jpg
What a ridiculous testament to insane, childish Nintendo fanboyism and Sony hating...Why are some people trying so, so hard?
Like, why doesn't it mention the Sega Saturn 3D controller that came way before the PlayStation Analog controller and was released only days after the N64? Or why doesn't it mention all the other gamepads and joysticks with analog control that came way before the N64? Why doesn't it credit Sony for creating the analog stick design that is actually most common today in pretty much every controller including Nintendo's, while the N64 stick didn't even work on the same principals and wore off after a really short time? Why doesn't it credit Sony's idea to put two analog sticks on one controller, which again has been adopted way more times than the (by today's standards) awful design of the N64 controller?
And what about the clicky buttons beneath the analog sticks? All the Xbox controllers have those, and they're being used a lot in games these days...
Why doesn't it credit Sony for putting force feedback inside of the controller's shell, obliterating the need for those cursed AAA batteries as well as the huge rumble pack, once again creating an industry standard? Sony also were the first ones to put two different-sized rumble motors into one gamepad, another idea both Nintendo and Microsoft seemed to like a lot ...
Where does it mention Microsoft ripping off the whole basic design of the Dreamcast controller?
Why the hell does it claim the Microsoft SideWinder gamepad had analog triggers, which is complete bullshit? Not only that, Microsoft still uses the exact same design for their triggers as the Dreamcast did, while the PS3's triggers have a whole different design and feeling to them (and won't start squeaking after some usage)...

I see how all this is completely irrelevant, since the picture wouldn't actually cast a poor light on Sony if it was being accurate...And what about the GameCube's analog triggers? No word about that, either, and no matter if it came first on the Dreamcast pad or the SideWinder pad (which it didn't), by the logic of the whole picture, they had to rip it off of something...
The SideWinder Pro too was clearly inspired by the N64's analog controls and fails horribly at both digital and analog controls, but why the hell isn't there an arrow pointing from the N64 controller to the SideWinder Pro?
Why did Sony apparently rip-off the Home button from the X360 controller and Nintendo didn't?
These are just some of the gaping holes one would find in this picture if he put off his blinders for a while.
Of course, it's totally okay for Microsoft to later recycle all these ideas simply because they did it after Sony did...It makes complete sense!

But who even cares?
The fact is that what you get now with Sony is one single controller that plays 99% of all PlayStation games from 1995 to 2010 (until of course the PlayStation Move is released), while with the Wii tons of pointless peripherals just litter your place, all of which are needed in order to get access to the majority of the available games, and if you're out of AA batteries, you can't even use the damn thing, including GameCube games. Also, you didn't have to wait for another PlayStation system just for some simple changes to be added to the controller, whereas in the end the N64 was stuck with the ugly duckling controller that only had one analog stick and which needed the huge, heavy and battery-powered rumble pack for some inferior, loud rumble action...
Don't get me wrong, Nintendo clearly was the biggest innovator as far as new input methods are concerned, but Sony did a lot of the engineering that made hardware manufacturers stick to these input methods...

Sure, if you squeeze your eyes real hard, the PlayStation Move may look identical to the Wii Remote, but the technology behind it is a lot more advanced, making it a vastly more accurate method of input even when compared to the Wii Motionplus, another delightful innovation from Nintendo that they already don't even seem to support anymore...There's no annoying cable connecting the Move controller to the subcontroller, there's no annoying AA batteries, there's no annoying attachments, there's no sensor bar you gotta constantly point at, and by the way, the PlayStation Eye allows for a lot greater moving angles of the controller than the sensor bar does, and of course also functions as a camera and a mic in addition...So, wait, they copied the Wii Speak too?
ohmy.gif

I mean, seriously, Sony took the Wii Remote and fixed all that's wrong with it, how in the world is this a bad thing?
It only is if you categorically hate them. Whatever, get the fuck over it, everybody is stealing from everybody, this is the way things work. Better focus your anger on China instead of Sony, I've got a feeling they're gonna be a much bigger pain in the ass...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
JereTHEend said:
Related very much...
1266915523065.jpg
usage)...

But who even cares?
The fact is that what you get now with Sony is one single controller that plays 99% of all PlayStation games from 1995 to 2010 (until of course the PlayStation Move is released), while with the Wii tons of pointless peripherals just litter your place, all of which are needed in order to get access to the majority of the available games, and if you're out of AA batteries, you can't even use the damn thing, including GameCube games. Also, you didn't have to wait for another PlayStation system just for some simple changes to be added to the controller, whereas in the end the N64 was stuck with the ugly duckling controller that only had one analog stick and which needed the huge, heavy and battery-powered rumble pack for some inferior, loud rumble action...
Don't get me wrong, Nintendo clearly was the biggest innovator as far as new input methods are concerned, but Sony did a lot of the engineering that made hardware manufacturers stick to these input methods...
not that agree or disagree just want to say rechargeable batteries
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I'm just wondering when all the Sony fanboys who claimed to hate the idea of motion controls will admit they are fun.

Probably once Sony make a decent game using the same controls as Nintendo, so they can continue to pretend they are inovators... because the tweaked the concept.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
I'm just wondering when all the Sony fanboys who claimed to hate the idea of motion controls will admit they are fun.

Probably once Sony make a decent game using the same controls as Nintendo, so they can continue to pretend they are inovators... because the tweaked the concept.

As soon as they have the Move in their hands is when. The reason they hated it is because to them the Wii was and still is a last gen fucking joke not worth their elitist time in snobsville. But, as soon as Sony brings one to town, they'll be jumping right in realizing just how damn fun a FPS game can be when you can really aim, how good a Sim like Civlilization (or on Wii the Anno games) can be pointing around not using a stick, or various other games that use logical motions that are fun to do.

No barb on Sony, I have both their systems and due to 3rd parties intentionally hosing the Wii in the last year or so they've been my systems of most usage, but it is what it is and fanboys suck.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony needs to focus on meeting demand for their console in the US rather then making this lol...i talked to my brother who lives in the US earlier today and he said he tried 50 different stores and no PS3s anywhere he ended up ordering online from SonyStyle and it has an estimated ship date of april 1st lol...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
fluffykiwi said:

As soon as they have the Move in their hands is when. The reason they hated it is because to them the Wii was and still is a last gen fucking joke not worth their elitist time in snobsville. But, as soon as Sony brings one to town, they'll be jumping right in realizing just how damn fun a FPS game can be when you can really aim, how good a Sim like Civlilization (or on Wii the Anno games) can be pointing around not using a stick, or various other games that use logical motions that are fun to do.

Playstation move can't aim, it just reads arm position etc from the camera. No pointer so no nice FPS controls, besides all the guys idiots playing CoD would still complain that pointer/keyboard & mouse is inferior to dual analogue despite it making no sense (seriously my mates think keyboard+mouse control is inferior to dual analogue in shooters -_-)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Playstation move can't aim, it just reads arm position etc from the camera. No pointer so no nice FPS controls, besides all the guys idiots playing CoD would still complain that pointer/keyboard & mouse is inferior to dual analogue despite it making no sense (seriously my mates think keyboard+mouse control is inferior to dual analogue in shooters -_-)

What kind of idiotic child are you. PS Move points just fine. In fact, they showed a effing ON RAILS SHOOTER using a pointer at the press conference ontop of a TPS Shooter. I swear GBATemp people have the braincells of a effing slug sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm