Hacking Oh no! I think I banner bricked my Wii!!!

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried making my own banner for VC games. I used U8tool and i messed up. My Wii now just loads the warning screen. After press A, it gives me the error: Some system files are corrupted.....

Now, what do I have to do? Should I use the Autoboot disc made by jayparadox? Will it work.
I read alot of topics about this, but i'm so not sure.

Edit:
Now I totally give up! Except someone has the other way to fix it.

I used Wii Auto Boot up Creator to make my game iso autoboot at the warning screen, and replace the main.dol with the main.dol in wadmanager. Already signed it with Trucha. My firmware is 3.2 U so it might read the disc. But it didn't.

I tried with 3 discs now, but none of them worked. I think I might take my Wii to where I bought it to have it fixed. Hope that it will work.

Does anyone know what my problem is? I messed up the 0000000.app and my Wii be bricked. Is it a full bricked or not?

I think the problem is my Wii doesn't read disc anymore. 3 different discs but it didn't autoboot. Tried using Jayparadox wad manager autoboot but it didn't work. Making my own autoboot game and didn't work, either.

I changed my Wii region 2 days before, from NTSC J to NTSC U. It still read disc. The banner of the disc still showed up on my Wii System Menu. But I didn't get in the game. I was wondering my Wii doesn't read disc because of the region changer or else.... I will take my wii to the place where I had my region changed to ask for further information. But now, I totally give up.
frown.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How many times have you tried to boot your Wii? If I remember correctly, you are not supposed to get any error message after the Warning Screen.

Anyway, as already stated, without a modified console, it could be fixed if you have installed any of the Starfall hacks, and you had the Twilight Hack on your console. If you are at the 3.3 firmware, and do not have the Twilight Hack or Starfall installed, as far as I know, there is no fix for a banner brick.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have modchip. So what now? Burn the autoboot disc and uninstall the bad files?
My firmware is now 3.2U. But there is no Twilight Hack or Starfall hacks in my Wii right now.

Cause I ran out of DVDs, so I have to check carefully before doing any thing (which I should have done before this happened
frown.gif
)

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Do autoobot disc of WadManager then. Just replace main.dol on second partition with dol of WadManager named main.dol and trucha sign it and autoboot it.(I think)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should be able to automatically boot it at the 3.2 firmware. At that point, just uninstall the WADs that you made custom banners for, and it should fix the banner brick.

EDIT: If you don't have it already, download the disc image located here. That is a disc image of the WAD Manager that will boot automatically.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I am worried about now is my Wii shows up this message:
The system files are corrupt. Check Wii Manual for .... troubleshooting.
This message is strange and it does not look like the problem that everyone has when they brick their Wii.

I will try this tonight and reply if it works or not.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. You're right. I think I messed up the 0000000.app. I use U8Tool to extract and pack it. When I packed it, I choose LZ77 or something else.
Now, the bad thing is I don't know what it is. Just hope that my Wii didn't get a full brick.
frown.gif
(

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
lemonadess said:
What I am worried about now is my Wii shows up this message:
The system files are corrupt. Check Wii Manual for .... troubleshooting.
This message is strange and it does not look like the problem that everyone has when they brick their Wii.

I will try this tonight and reply if it works or not.
I had this error, wayyyy before homebrews existed. I waited for months for a disc that would have an update that would repair my Wii.

During these months, I discovered that, when the Wii menu shows, if you press the RESET button before the message appears, it won't show this message and will let you using your Wii. For me, when I had this error, it worked fine BUT I couldn't use many things like booting a disc/channel or some options of the system menu (when I tried to update it was blocked to "searching updates"). But, it will let you updating from a disc, which should save your Wii.

Well, good luck, this error caused me too many pain. Fortunately, the Super Mario Galaxy disc saved me but it won't work for you except if you don't have the 3.X firmware.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I will try all of your suggestions. This August 25th, Mario Sluggers US will be released. Hope that it will contain firmware higher than 3.2U so I can fix it, if the autoboot disc doesn't work.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try the autoboot DVD, to uninstall the offending WAD.

Though if what Shuny says is what has happened to you, you could fix it by updating to 3.3, though you should then be able to downgrade.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but none of them worked.
First, I tried to press reset before the message showed up. But when I pressed it, i got nothing but still this message. So I couldn't see my System Menu, and updating is impossible.
Then, I used the Autoboot disc, but it didn't load either. I used 2 different DVDs (Kachi, Maxxell) but still got the warning screen, and after that was a error message.

I don't know what to do now. It's pretty complicated here. I will try to make autoboot Wadmanager through Wii game.

Somebody please help!!

legend101

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well hear a weird way to fix that start your wii a the health screen press the sync button then open the wiimote battery cover and press it sync button they should take to the main menu. i had banner brick before and this fix somehow

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
lemonadess said:
Sorry, but none of them worked.
First, I tried to press reset before the message showed up. But when I pressed it, i got nothing but still this message. So I couldn't see my System Menu, and updating is impossible.
Then, I used the Autoboot disc, but it didn't load either. I used 2 different DVDs (Kachi, Maxxell) but still got the warning screen, and after that was a error message.

I don't know what to do now. It's pretty complicated here. I will try to make autoboot Wadmanager through Wii game.

Somebody please help!!
You may have pressed RESET too early. Press it only a few miliseconds before the message appears. It's all timing.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I used Wii Auto Boot up Creator to make my game iso autoboot at the warning screen, and replace the main.dol with the main.dol in wadmanager. Already signed it with Trucha. My firmware is 3.2 U so it might read the disc. But it didn't.

I tried with 3 discs now, but none of them worked. 3 separated ways but still got nothing. I think I might take my Wii to where I bought it to have it fixed.

Does anyone know what my problem is? I messed up the 0000000.app and my Wii be bricked. Is it a full bricked or not?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
lemonadess said:

I tried with 3 discs now, but none of them worked. 3 separated ways but still got nothing. I think I might take my Wii to where I bought it to have it fixed.

Somebody posted that link: http://rapidshare.com/files/121448651/WAD-...OBOOT_.rar.html
This one should boot.

lemonadess

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried with that link, too. I think the problem is my Wii doesn't read disc anymore. I explained more at the first page. Please help me out.

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about using Vietnamese here, it's easier for us to discuss in our native language. In brief, the problem here is really not about the Wad, but the Wii internal memory. The only way to fix is to send it back to Nintendo and get a new one if still under warranty or hope that it will come back from death (in some cases, yes).

v? này nghiêm tr?ng à em, cái này do l?i b? nh? trong c?a Wii. Search trên m?ng thì th?y có ng??i b? khi load channel này, có ng??i b? ch? kia. Trên trang support c?a Nintendo c?ng tr? l?i nh? v?y: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...emory_corrupted

Có 1 s? tr??ng h?p máy t? ??ng ch?y l?i sau khi reset. Còn cách duy nh?t ?? s?a là g?i tr? cho Nintendo ?? ??i máy m?i. Có th? file wad c?a em nó mess gì ?ó v?i ?úng ngay ph?n b? nh? kh?i ??ng, hay là b? l?i hardware ngay lúc ?ó.

Gi? ph?i xách ra Halo h?i coi có s?a ???c không. ??ng nói gì v? file wad h?t, c? nói là sau khi change region v? m? lên b? ??a vào th? là th?y v?y r?i. Mà lúc change có b?o hành gì ko v?y?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?