Oh guys, help please... [unroot] :/

Discussion in 'Android' started by Metoroid0, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
  2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Open SuperSU, go to settings, near the bottom there's an option called "Full unroot". Tap it, it'll completely uninstall su.

But 9 times out of 10, as long as you didn't change the stock ROM or kernel, carriers won't care too much about rooted devices.

3. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    I recommend undoing changes you did after you rooted such as installing busybox and xposed framework then unrooting.

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  4. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    haha oh god, thats so simple and i was looking for 2 hours on internet xD praise the sun you replied me :)
    (ah man, i must continue playing dark souls)

No no, i did not change a thing, its stock rom kernel, i just did that rooting method, thats all..to be honest, i need rooted phone for all sort of goodies, but i can live with out rooted device..but main thing i did id is because new android forbid writing to device and external storage..for example i tried to delete some photos and it wont let me unless i rooted my phone..annoying...

Why do they even lock android, it should be rooted by default...
    Anyway, thank you so much fella dark souls player :)

I dont understand?

i just did that method from that website, i did not installed busybox and xposed framework as i remember...but how can i check that?

ony if that rooting method installed it for me?? idk...

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Most root methods will install busybox for you, since it contains a lot of essential tools used by root apps and even non-root apps. You can use this to uninstall busybox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox
    If you don't see "xposed installer" listed in your apps then you don't have xposed framework installed. It's usually not included unless you install a custom ROM.

6. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    You want to check your flash counter first also
    Turn off the phone and boot into odin mode by holding home+pwr+vol down
    You want to check the part where it says custom binary, if it says yes or any number above 0, the counter tripped
    Triangle away can get rid of it but I'm not sire if it supports your variant of the s3

7. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Metoroid0 If you didn't do anything like that then I guarantee that you should be safe. I advise that you follow Joe88's advice

8. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    I entered superSU go to setings and clicked full unroot, thn i restarted my phone and tried to check for android updates since i couldnt do it on rooted device..and now its saying same thing "your device has been modified..."

What should i do now? Now i want to unroot ic tottaly To be like it was..i used odin to root it.

And i did that thong with home+power+volume down and it shows me something downloading do not turn off target..i waited 10in. And nothing than i holded sam button combo and restarted phone, go to superSU full unroot, reset and that....now i want to clean it like when i bought it but idk because last time i factory reseted my rooted android phone i bricked it!

I dont want to brick this one!! What now :/

How to get rid of all root stuf now, so if my phone gets fixed i can root it again?

9. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Edit: after all that i turned off my phone and hold volume up, home and power, than pressed volume up (and after unrooting in superSU before that) it sad:

Odin mode
    Product name: GT-I9300I
    Curent binary: custom
    Curent status: custom
    Qualcom secure boot: enable (csb)
    Ap swrev: s1, t1, r1, a1, p1
    Udc start

And below that is android robot logo and under him said:

Downloading...
    do not turn off target!!

Please help me unroot it 100% guys :(

10. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I9300I/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/2014-01-15-triangleaway-v3-26-t1494114

I suggest that you check out the links above and give them a through read. You can manually update using ODIN. TriangleAway did the job for me although I'm not sure if it works for you since I can't find your model over there.