OGMKDS Tournament: rules, registrations...prize!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
mk.gif
Official GBAtemp Mario Kart DS Tournament

First, read the rules here.
If you agree to these rules, you can register by updating your profile .
We also need to know your country, time zone and Mario Kart DS friend code.
We are proud to announce that the 1st prize is...

A free Nintendo DS flash kit: EWIN512+Passme!

Don't worry if you're beaten in the final match, there *might* be compensatory prizes
The registrations will remain open until Friday December 9th.

Today is the last day to register

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When will the tournament take place? I have finals coming up and I need to study, I also need to be around to get everything cordinated and be able to run over to my neighbor's (I myself do not have a wireless connection).

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[*]Players must NOT use immoral gameplay techniques to gain an upper-hand. Techniques such as snaking (a snaker is someone who continuously performs drift boosting on straight ways) and taking advantage of any bugs in game to gain an advantage are disallowed and any player caught performing such techniques will be disqualified. This is not open to debate. The referees decision is final.
this sucks
snaking is not a cheat, it's a part of the gameplay...you can't even get 3 stars in mission mode without snaking

I certainly won't take part in a tournament in which I'm not even allowed to do my best...

Foxstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What!! Thats what i always do :'( , its a skill and should be allowed, either way i dont have my nintendo usb dongle thing so im out
frown.gif
, stupid australia.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Who said it was cheating? we said it was immoral, and you can't deny it.
It's only on straight ways anyway, you can still do drift boosting in corners and turns.

QUOTE said:
So what exactly is the referee going to do? Drive along without hitting item boxes? Or just stay stationary?
stay stationary yeah, but most important he'll have to check the match result. We need to know who wins a match (and we can't rely on the players to tell us who won because you could all say that you've won and nobody would know the truth.. get my point?)

QUOTEI certainly won't take part in a tournament in which I'm not even allowed to do my best...
Think twice.
If snaking is forbidden, EVERYONE has the same chances to win.
If snaking is allowed, the NON-SNAKERS will have no chance to win, which is unfair.

And don't tell me "learn snaking". I'm not writing this post in french and telling you "learn french".
Now if you're a good player, you can play without snaking.
Not pretending I'm a good player, I've personnally been able to beat all 150cc mirror cups without snaking (BUT using drift boosting in corners!) quite easily.
If you're a good player, you should know all the courses. You should know the shortcuts, you should know the cars, you should know the boxes, you should know everything. But you certainly don't need snaking.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
aww, i wanted to join this.. *cough* or at least win
biggrin.gif

don't have MK, ... and don't have any skills....
(ill probably get MK on my birthday... (3 days too late)...)

anyway.. good luck to all of you!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
I certainly won't take part in a tournament in which I'm not even allowed to do my best...
Think twice.
If snaking is allowed, the NON-SNAKERS will have no chance to win, which is unfair.
so the non-snakers are not good enough to win against the snakers...
a competition is about who's the best player, and not about who's got the biggest chance to win...

Filb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Think twice.
a competition is about who's the best player, and not about who's got the biggest chance to win...
I agree...
unsure.gif

Even though I'm very bad at snaking, still.

And one thing, how can you actually check if someone "snaked" or not?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Think twice.

I agree...
unsure.gif

Even though I'm very bad at snaking, still.

And one thing, how can you actually check if someone "snaked" or not?

I do not agree with that at all. I'm sorry but its not fair to punish some players because their technique is better than others. I hope my wireless adapter is here in time before registration closes but I still think its crazy to dumb down the racing just because someone hasn't learn to take advantage of a technique thats part of the game
dry.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally think the no snaking rule is a good rule. It keeps the edge in Mario Kart they way it was originally intended, to give every player regardless of their skill a chance to participate without total humiliation.

Snaking is not the only aspect of the game which gives you an edge. Its the mastery of other aspects like corners, items, courses, etc.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snaking is not the only aspect of the game which gives you an edge. Its the mastery of other aspects like corners, items, courses, etc.

Thats the point EXACTLY!! Not allowing snaking, which is an aspect of the game like you said, is basically the same as not allowing us to use item boxes, which is also a part of the game!!
gba.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?