OFW Profile to CFW Profile?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by dustloop, Feb 13, 2012.

Feb 13, 2012

OFW Profile to CFW Profile? by dustloop at 6:34 PM (666 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dustloop
    OP

Newcomer dustloop Member

United Kingdom
    Hiya guys. I have just had to buy a new PS3 because my old one died sadly. It is a 160GB slim and I am wondering if it will be able to installed 3.55 kmaew and would I be able to use my profile that I use on PSN?

I'm not wanting to connect to PSN, just wanting to use the same profile because I plan on going back to OFW in the future.

Or is it possible for me to play some games on CFW then use my PSN account to sign in and then whatever games I have played will register to my account?

Is this possible?

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Connecting to PSN while using CFW will result in an instant Ban from Sony on your account. Keep that in mind.

3. dustloop
    OP

Newcomer dustloop Member

United Kingdom
    I was going to install 3.55OFW then upgrade to 4.10 or whatever firmware is about in the future, but something like trophies that I unlock while playing on CFW, would they keep if I install OFW then sync to my profile?

4. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Trophies and purchases are tied to your Profile, thus "Yes, they would". Thing is, the moment you connect with Custom Firmware you redflag your PS3, so be extra-careful and make sure NOT to go online under ANY circumstances as you will loose your profile.

Everything that you have on your profile remains on your profile, if that answers your question.

5. dustloop
    OP

Newcomer dustloop Member

United Kingdom
    It does thank you :)

6. akari212

Member akari212 GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    banned because you logged on your account on CFW? That's news for me.

But seriously, no one got banned because of CFW. Users get banned because they cheated on game, or done something stupid on PS Home or any Online community operated by Sony.