Officially licensed Bandai Namco games coming to dedicated handheld consoles

PAC MAN Pocket Player 4.jpg

Announced back at this year's Gamescom were those new handheld devices from My Arcade which pack officially licensed Bandai Namco titles which are now getting ready to ship. The company collaborated with Bandai Namco which landed a hand to ensure the emulation runs perfectly with no screen blur or glitches to worry about.

PAC-MAN Micro Player.jpg

The Micro Player pictured above will be the first to ship and includes classic titles PAC-MAN, GALAGA and DIG DUG. The device features artwork inspired by the original cabinets, large full-colored screens, backlit coin traps, plus a removable joystick for those who prefer to use a directional pad to play.

PAC MAN Pocket Player 3.jpg

PAC MAN Pocket Player 1.jpg PAC MAN Pocket Player 2.jpg PAC MAN Pocket Player 5.jpg

Next up is the PAC-MAN Pocket Player, a 16-bit handheld with a full color screen. The Pocket Player includes three classic PAC-MAN titles, including original arcade PAC-MAN, along with PAC-PANIC™ and PAC-MANIA.

mini arcade.JPG

At Gamescom, My Arcade also previewed the NAMCO Museum Mini Player. The Mini Player comes loaded with 20 classic titles and features a large vertical-oriented screen for authentic arcade gameplay, dual front facing speakers for optimal sound, a detachable joystick, and back-lit marquee and coin trap. All titles included on the device are the original arcade versions of the games, unless no original arcade version is available.

“We are honored to work with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment to bring such iconic titles to a new generation of gamers,” remarked Crystal Dugan, My Arcade’s Marketing Manager. “Classics like PAC-MAN, DIG DUG and GALAGA are nostalgic titles for myself and everyone who grew up playing them at their local arcade. They are such an important part of gaming history and we are thrilled to bring these backs in a unique way to a whole new audience.”

Available at around £34.99, the licensed Micro Player Arcades and Pocket Player are shipping now from Amazon and other leading game retailers. The NAMCO Museum Mini Player is expected to begin shipping towards the end of 2018.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its my arcade
the same company that makes knockoff consoles
of course its gonna be cheap
probably the same firmware as their other systems
also uses fucking AAA batterys
i hate the company
ouch its probably going to have dreadful audio emulation
also that round d-pad looks horrible

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

ouch its probably going to have dreadful audio emulation
also that round d-pad looks horrible
yeah
i grabbed their knockoff gamegear fro cvs so i could mess with it
audio is terrible
screen is terrible
battery life is terrible regardless of battery
i broke it trying to add a lithium ion battery since its easy to replace the games on it
trying to fix it still

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah
i grabbed their knockoff gamegear fro cvs so i could mess with it
audio is terrible
screen is terrible
battery life is terrible regardless of battery
i broke it trying to add a lithium ion battery since its easy to replace the games on it
trying to fix it still
guess a modded psp is still the way to go

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, it's a big maybe on the Mini Player perhaps, depending on the price and features.

I'm kind of a sucker for crap like this and have already preordered the NEOGEO Mini and two controllers to the tune of $160.

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Data East version of the Namco Museum one... Its just an android console, I was able to put retroarch on it, and run whatever I want. If the Namco one is the same (I would suspect something very similar as Rolling Thunder and Pac-Man arcade versions on the same machine scream MAME-ish to me), I would expect adding new games to be just as trivial. I'd buy it still just to put the vertical oriented games on it and have the horizontal ones stay on the DE version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: