Officially licensed Bandai Namco games coming to dedicated handheld consoles

PAC MAN Pocket Player 4.jpg

Announced back at this year's Gamescom were those new handheld devices from My Arcade which pack officially licensed Bandai Namco titles which are now getting ready to ship. The company collaborated with Bandai Namco which landed a hand to ensure the emulation runs perfectly with no screen blur or glitches to worry about.

PAC-MAN Micro Player.jpg

The Micro Player pictured above will be the first to ship and includes classic titles PAC-MAN, GALAGA and DIG DUG. The device features artwork inspired by the original cabinets, large full-colored screens, backlit coin traps, plus a removable joystick for those who prefer to use a directional pad to play.

PAC MAN Pocket Player 3.jpg

PAC MAN Pocket Player 1.jpg PAC MAN Pocket Player 2.jpg PAC MAN Pocket Player 5.jpg

Next up is the PAC-MAN Pocket Player, a 16-bit handheld with a full color screen. The Pocket Player includes three classic PAC-MAN titles, including original arcade PAC-MAN, along with PAC-PANIC™ and PAC-MANIA.

mini arcade.JPG

At Gamescom, My Arcade also previewed the NAMCO Museum Mini Player. The Mini Player comes loaded with 20 classic titles and features a large vertical-oriented screen for authentic arcade gameplay, dual front facing speakers for optimal sound, a detachable joystick, and back-lit marquee and coin trap. All titles included on the device are the original arcade versions of the games, unless no original arcade version is available.

“We are honored to work with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment to bring such iconic titles to a new generation of gamers,” remarked Crystal Dugan, My Arcade’s Marketing Manager. “Classics like PAC-MAN, DIG DUG and GALAGA are nostalgic titles for myself and everyone who grew up playing them at their local arcade. They are such an important part of gaming history and we are thrilled to bring these backs in a unique way to a whole new audience.”

Available at around £34.99, the licensed Micro Player Arcades and Pocket Player are shipping now from Amazon and other leading game retailers. The NAMCO Museum Mini Player is expected to begin shipping towards the end of 2018.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
would be a nice pickup if they are cheap.
Wonder if they just run an emulater, would be nice if you would mod it to play more games

The company collaborated with Bandai Namco which landed a hand to ensure the emulation runs perfectly with no screen blur or glitches to worry about.
I believe it was stated that it is emulation. Probably could mod them.

Reactions: Justinde75

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wonder if there's multiple games on the motherboard like in those mini arcades and we could just install a switch to choose which game to play. More fun with less money!

Reactions: jamespoo
D

Deleted User

While the price point seems a tad steep, these things look well-made enough for small little emulation boxes. Makes me wonder how powerful these things are, though, and if they're capable of playing games from more advanced systems.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not so sure this is going to go well for them. I am certainly not the right target audience for sure. But I don't see how people will find the appeal in things like these.

Unless they can be hacked...

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
They look great but maybe they could have put in there some more games, or a limited edition Pac-Man figure. Something like that. I grew up with these games but feels somewhat empty to buy that handheld with only 3 almost-the-same-games.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would have been cool. Like 10-15 years ago. Idk, maybe it could work if they reduce the price and throw them at the checkout of some supermarkets... I just don't see this handheld working in 2018. The cabinets on the other hand are either to small or to large, but the size seems not fitting to me. Guess it will find some fans who never will play with them...

D

Deleted User

Would be a nice pickup if they are cheap.
Wonder if they just run an emulater, would be nice if you would mod it to play more games
its my arcade
the same company that makes knockoff consoles
of course its gonna be cheap
probably the same firmware as their other systems
also uses fucking AAA batterys
i hate the company

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\