Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

Malbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok thanks, still dont works but maybe its the problem. i already set the video driver to 3d11, but how i know retroarch is looking for the correct location? i mean, in file browser ?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok thanks, still dont works but maybe its the problem. i already set the video driver to 3d11, but how i know retroarch is looking for the correct location? i mean, in file browser ?
Wow, sorry I gave you some bad info there (was trying to do 3 things at once/tough day at work maybe :lol:)
In RA go to Settings > Directory and make sure 'System/BIOS' is looking for the correct folder.. though I'm still not sure this is the case anyway.. also when it comes to Dolphin, set a cache folder in Directory while you're there.

Malbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
aaah yes, of course i already change this settings too, unfortunately it still dont work.. i follow the tutorial of archades games on youtube by the way. And im on 1.9.5 version of RA

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, i've got a problem, im on retroarch 1.9.5 on my series x. Every games i tested works fine (ds, n64, gba, gbc, snes....) everything except the gamecube :(
so i go in dolphin core informations and i see this 'sys folder is missing'. i search on the net a solution but the only solution i found dont work ( put the sys folder of dolphin in the sys folder of retroarch)

can you help me please ? guys u are my last chance i search since day's and day's

Sorry to hijack this post my dolphin core is also saying “system folder is missing” but I’m able to load Metroid Prime pretty much flawlessly apart from a few stutters . Do I need this folder or is it already there? It’s quite confusing compared to Switch retro arch but god I’m happy with it lol

kevboard

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the public (non whitelist) link doesn't work anymore. is there still people whitelisting?
I am asking because a friends wanted to get it but was too late (I luckily downloaded it about 2 weeks ago)

gbablackrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Does anyone have any luck with Dreamcast on the Xbox One X Retroarch? I can play Marvel vs Capcom perfectly, but Marvel vs Capcom 2 has some slowdowns (still playable thou) and Crazy Taxi is even worst (not playable). Maybe I need to change some settings to get better fps on those games? Also I can only play Dreamcast if I move the games from my external to the internal drive. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right but really happy with Retroarch on my Xbox!

Last edited by gbablackrain,

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Does anyone have any luck with Dreamcast on the Xbox One X Retroarch? I can play Marvel vs Capcom perfectly, but Marvel vs Capcom 2 has some slowdowns (still playable thou) and Crazy Taxi is even worst (not playable). Maybe I need to change some settings to get better fps on those games? Also I can only play Dreamcast if I move the games from my external to the internal drive. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right but really happy with Retroarch on my Xbox!

Hi there ! Yes, I recommend moving at least the large games (Dreamcast / PSP / etc ...) to the internal hard drive. Dreamcast seems to make a local copy from external disk anyway & PSP is very slow otherwise.

There is a 2GB limit on internal folders, but I have made a tutorial on how increase this to as large as you want : https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-xbox-one-retroarch-thread.518329/page-80#post-9475535

Regarding Dreamcast settings, I also found some games had a lot of choppy slowdown, by trail & error I have found this combination of Core Options gives best performance for the SEGA Dreamcast via flycast core, tested on XBOX ONE S with Virtua Fighter 3 on a 50 inch flat screen TV:

Options
########

Boot to BIOS = FALSE
System Type = Dreamcast
HLE BIOS = FALSE
Internal Resolution = 1024x768
Screen Orientation = Horizontal
Alpha Sorting = Per Triangle
GDROM Fast Loading = FALSE
Mipmapping = TRUE
Volume Modifier = TRUE
Widescreen Hack = TRUE
Widescreen Cheats = FALSE
Cable Type = VGA (RGB)
Broadcast = Default
Region = Default
Language = Default
Div Matching = FALSE
Force Windows CE = FALSE
Analog Stick Deadzone = 15%
Trigger Deadzone = 0%
Digital Triggers = FALSE
Enable DSP = FALSE
Texture Upscaling = FALSE
Texture Upscaling Max Filtered = 256
Enable RTT = TRUE
Enable RTT Buffer = FALSE
RTT Upscaling = 1x
Threaded Rendering = TRUE
Synchronous Rendering = FALSE
Delay Frame Swapping = FALSE
Frame Skipping = FALSE
Vibration Pack = TRUE
Load Custom Textures = FALSE
Dump Textures = FALSE
Per Game VMUs = FALSE
Show VMU Display Settings = FALSE
Show Light Gun Settings = FALSE

Controls
#########

(port 1 controls)
Device Type = Arcade Stick
Analog to Digital Type = Left Analog

RostigeFrikadelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there :)
I'm planning to set up dolphin and one of the n64 emulators to play the following:
On the GameCube it would be Super Smash Bros Melee, Pokémon XD Gale of darkness and Pokémon Colosseum. On the N64 I want to play Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, Super Smash Bros and Pokémon Snap.
But before I try to get the emulators to run I wanted to ask if someone here has tried some of these games and if there are any issues or something (I'm using an XSS). Also I wanted to ask if I can run the games from the USB flash drive without issues.
Also my wife had an issue while using the beetle core - after changing the resolution to maximum retroarch froze and her console (XSX) had a total crash afterwards, leaving only the controller activated. Did someone experience something similar or does someone know why this happened?
Thanks for your help :)

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey there :)
I'm planning to set up dolphin and one of the n64 emulators to play the following:
On the GameCube it would be Super Smash Bros Melee, Pokémon XD Gale of darkness and Pokémon Colosseum. On the N64 I want to play Pokémon Stadium, Pokémon Stadium 2, Super Smash Bros and Pokémon Snap.
But before I try to get the emulators to run I wanted to ask if someone here has tried some of these games and if there are any issues or something (I'm using an XSS). Also I wanted to ask if I can run the games from the USB flash drive without issues.
Also my wife had an issue while using the beetle core - after changing the resolution to maximum retroarch froze and her console (XSX) had a total crash afterwards, leaving only the controller activated. Did someone experience something similar or does someone know why this happened?
Thanks for your help :)

Im also having Series S and both Smash bros games runs great, Try also Smash remix mod for n64 one is amazing. You metioned problems with beetle core maybe try duckstation? (If we talk about ps1 emualtion not sure). Duck station have resolution scaling up to 4k.

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im also having Series S and both Smash bros games runs great, Try also Smash remix mod for n64 one is amazing. You metioned problems with beetle core maybe try duckstation? (If we talk about ps1 emualtion not sure). Duck station have resolution scaling up to 4k.

RostigeFrikadelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Im also having Series S and both Smash bros games runs great, Try also Smash remix mod for n64 one is amazing.
So I got everything working so far and apparently everything runs smooth but I don't have any sound on mupen64 as well as on dolphin. If I activate menu sounds they don't work either. I've read that plugging a earphones in the port of the controller would work this doesn't seem to be the case :/

gbablackrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there ! Yes, I recommend moving at least the large games (Dreamcast / PSP / etc ...) to the internal hard drive. Dreamcast seems to make a local copy from external disk anyway & PSP is very slow otherwise.

There is a 2GB limit on internal folders, but I have made a tutorial on how increase this to as large as you want : https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-xbox-one-retroarch-thread.518329/page-80#post-9475535

Regarding Dreamcast settings, I also found some games had a lot of choppy slowdown, by trail & error I have found this combination of Core Options gives best performance for the SEGA Dreamcast via flycast core, tested on XBOX ONE S with Virtua Fighter 3 on a 50 inch flat screen TV:

Options
########

Boot to BIOS = FALSE
System Type = Dreamcast
HLE BIOS = FALSE
Internal Resolution = 1024x768
Screen Orientation = Horizontal
Alpha Sorting = Per Triangle
GDROM Fast Loading = FALSE
Mipmapping = TRUE
Volume Modifier = TRUE
Widescreen Hack = TRUE
Widescreen Cheats = FALSE
Cable Type = VGA (RGB)
Broadcast = Default
Region = Default
Language = Default
Div Matching = FALSE
Force Windows CE = FALSE
Analog Stick Deadzone = 15%
Trigger Deadzone = 0%
Digital Triggers = FALSE
Enable DSP = FALSE
Texture Upscaling = FALSE
Texture Upscaling Max Filtered = 256
Enable RTT = TRUE
Enable RTT Buffer = FALSE
RTT Upscaling = 1x
Threaded Rendering = TRUE
Synchronous Rendering = FALSE
Delay Frame Swapping = FALSE
Frame Skipping = FALSE
Vibration Pack = TRUE
Load Custom Textures = FALSE
Dump Textures = FALSE
Per Game VMUs = FALSE
Show VMU Display Settings = FALSE
Show Light Gun Settings = FALSE

Controls
#########

(port 1 controls)
Device Type = Arcade Stick
Analog to Digital Type = Left Analog

Thanks!

BTW, now I'm messing with Sega Naomi games. Marvel vs Capcom 2 MAME version on the Naomi Flycast core works really great (even better than the DC version). Lots of games seem to work at full speed, but I can't get the controls to work on many of them (specially turning left and right), I guess because those Naomi arcades are made for very specific types of cabinets. If anyone have any tips on this I would appreciate.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I got everything working so far and apparently everything runs smooth but I don't have any sound on mupen64 as well as on dolphin. If I activate menu sounds they don't work either. I've read that plugging a earphones in the port of the controller would work this doesn't seem to be the case :/

Hm... i don't have issue with sound at all, check if Your default sound driver is set to "alsa", or try restore default settings of retroarch.ini

RostigeFrikadelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
check if Your default sound driver is set to "alsa"
This will be the problem. The sound driver is set to xsound. However, there are no other options available in the settings. I have a similar issue with mupen64 - Archades games recommended to change the plugin from glide64 to angrylion but angrylion doesn't appear in the list. I downloaded retroarch without devmode/whitelist, I just used the Microsoft store and prepared everything with the "my files explorer" application. Guess I'll have to find out how to add plugins and that kinda stuff somehow.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This will be the problem. The sound driver is set to xsound. However, there are no other options available in the settings. I have a similar issue with mupen64 - Archades games recommended to change the plugin from glide64 to angrylion but angrylion doesn't appear in the list. I downloaded retroarch without devmode/whitelist, I just used the Microsoft store and prepared everything with the "my files explorer" application. Guess I'll have to find out how to add plugins and that kinda stuff somehow.

I just checked mine plugin and i have only "xaudio" (audio in polish means sound) and "null". So we have same plugin active. Get whilisted version or download the version for dev mode. I have both and both works good.

RostigeFrikadelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I completely changed the configuration to default settings, set up everything from the beginning again and now sound is working. The amount of time dolphin takes to boot a game is pretty long and and I have minor stutters, but overall it works pretty well now. Could moving the roms to the internal storage improve this? The flash drive I'm using is kinda crappy so I thought it could make a difference but I'm not sure :unsure:
Edit: I also additionally applied for the whitelisting, just in case :)

Last edited by RostigeFrikadelle,
Reactions: Rafciu

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I completely changed the configuration to default settings, set up everything from the beginning again and now sound is working. The amount of time dolphin takes to boot a game is pretty long and and I have minor stutters, but overall it works pretty well now. Could moving the roms to the internal storage improve this? The flash drive I'm using is kinda crappy so I thought it could make a difference but I'm not sure :unsure:
Edit: I also additionally applied for the whitelisting, just in case :)

I recently bought new USB 3.0 stick and games load alot faster, sadly games still copies to internal before starting so its not quick as it should be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter