Hacking "Official" WiiU Loadiine Compatibility list thread

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey kong tropical freeze doesnt have any region listed. Does anyone know if the eur version works on usa console? Or is there no difference? Thanks.

lactam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm curious if anybody has had any luck with the recent versions of loadiine gx2 nightly builds and Mario Party 10. I'm trying to rip Mario Party 10 and run it off the SD card and not the dics (disc is scratched and will not last much longer). I ripped a WUD, and then made files from it. Here are the results:
- original game loads the main screen, am able to select game type (Mario game, Bowser game, etc) but after the world selection screen, it freezes. Amiibo freezes too.
- downloaded patch v16, and now the game freezes at the main screen, before even getting to the game selection screen. It's getting stuck earlier in the loading process since it doesn't even show the rotating dots on the lower right that appear when you load MP10 without the v16 update.

For comparison, I tried a scene release, but I found that it was pretty much the same results, but upon closer inspection, the scene releases appear to have fewer files (~120 fewer RPL files).

Loadiine versions tested: Loadiine-nightly-b80ba75 and 16c5045. Loading game via MiiMaker mode.
All discs and scene releases tested were US.

I want to be able to back up my entire collection before the kids destroy the originals, but I want to make sure I do it in such a way as to retain as much "as it was."

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...original game loads the main screen, am able to select game type (Mario game, Bowser game, etc) but after the world selection screen, it freezes. Amiibo freezes too....

NUS without update seems to be ok on my 5.5.1 US system. (I can choose players and get to the game board, roll the dice and move on both b80ba75 and 16c5045.)
...downloaded patch v16, and now the game freezes at the main screen, before even getting to the game selection screen. It's getting stuck earlier in the loading process since it doesn't even show the rotating dots on the lower right that appear when you load MP10 without the v16 update.

Same here (for the several minutes I left it) on both of those loadiine nightly releases. Screen dimming still kicked in, so something was alive, but I didn't see any activity on-screen or on udpdebugreader.

lactam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NUS without update seems to be ok on my 5.5.1 US system. (I can choose players and get to the game board, roll the dice and move on both b80ba75 and 16c5045.)
Ok, that's great (that you got it to work). Was it a rip that you made, or was it a scene release? If it was a scene release, what group? (Retribution, Lexx, etc) How many files were in the MP10 dir and subdirs? My last attempt was with 1,665 files but no dice (literally!)

Last edited by lactam,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it a rip...? How many files were in the MP10 dir and subdirs? My last attempt was with 1,665 files but no dice (literally!)
It's the NUS (like the nus in jnustool or nusgrabber) version. Yes - selecting code/content/meta gives 1665 files 64 folders, 2,971,470,154 bytes.

Update v16 starts if you overwrite the files instead of using the updates option, but still hangs if you try the update folder with that updated copy (on 195aaaab at least, which happens to be the one on my test SD)

That suggests a loadiine issue and not a problem with the files themselves. I'll test with b80ba75 and 16c5045 as soon as I can, but I'd expect the same results.

lactam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still kinda new to this, but I recently ripped my kids disc of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It's a US console, the v48 update used and the latest nightly (b80ba75) build.
As per the first page, it loads slowly at first, but otherwise perfect. There's a weird thing with some of the graphics at the end of a race, but that may be a glitch. Anyway, everything works as it should.

I'll try and do this for all my kids games with the latest loadiine build. I can probably borrow some of the other games from neighbours to see if others will work as well.

balteck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone may explain me how wii game downloaded from wiiu eshop works? vWii can read wiiu nand or wiiu formatted USB disk drive?

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: varaques

legendtaker236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still kinda new to this, but I recently ripped my kids disc of Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed. It's a US console, the v48 update used and the latest nightly (b80ba75) build.
As per the first page, it loads slowly at first, but otherwise perfect. There's a weird thing with some of the graphics at the end of a race, but that may be a glitch. Anyway, everything works as it should.

I'll try and do this for all my kids games with the latest loadiine build. I can probably borrow some of the other games from neighbours to see if others will work as well.

i can confirm this, just tried Sonic racing Transformed with its update and after finishing a race with any character the character portrait at the end shows as a giant green A button, but other than that it works flawless

ez007

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me out with a problem im facing? all of a sudden my wiiu wont connect to the internet when my wbfs hdd is connected? Ive been seamlessly using loadiine, as well as usb loader gx in the old wii mode for months.
tried to run loadiine yesterday and alas the wii cannot connect to the internet, so cannot launch loadiine. After hours of trying to figure out why, i narrowed it down to the rear usb wbfs drive. once this is removed the wii connects fine to the internet and loadiine runs fine?

so weird that its come on all of a sudden. any ideas from the wise????

Thanks in advance

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out with a problem im facing? all of a sudden my wiiu wont connect to the internet when my wbfs hdd is connected? Ive been seamlessly using loadiine, as well as usb loader gx in the old wii mode for months.
tried to run loadiine yesterday and alas the wii cannot connect to the internet, so cannot launch loadiine. After hours of trying to figure out why, i narrowed it down to the rear usb wbfs drive. once this is removed the wii connects fine to the internet and loadiine runs fine?

I'm going to guess that your hdd is not self-powered, has been pulling a little too much power through USB, and is straining components that produce the 5V that the both the wifi and usb need.

Suggestions:
Try the hdd through a self-powered usb hub.
Confirm that the drive still works. It could be failing which may cause additional power draw.
Try another hard drive to see if the problem is with any drive or just that one.
Try someone else's power supply on your WiiU.
Is the hdd already using a Y cable? If not, get one.

(Also, please ask questions in the appropriate threads. This thread doesn't seem like the best place for hardware or general loadiine questions.)

Last edited by nexusmtz,

ez007

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to guess that your hdd is not self-powered, has been pulling a little too much power through USB, and is straining components that produce the 5V that the both the wifi and usb need.

Suggestions:
Try the hdd through a self-powered usb hub.
Confirm that the drive still works. It could be failing which may cause additional power draw.
Try another hard drive to see if the problem is with any drive or just that one.
Try someone else's power supply on your WiiU.
Is the hdd already using a Y cable? If not, get one.

(Also, please ask questions in the appropriate threads. This thread doesn't seem like the best place for hardware or general loadiine questions.)

Ahhhh very interesting, power supply didnt even occur to me, yeah im already using a Y cable, so ill look into a powered USB hub to try and fix the issue. Still seems odd that this problem has only just started occuring. Maybe the drive is on the way out as suggested... Hmm food for thought.

Very sorry about posting in the wrong section, i did extensive google searching on this issue but came up with nothing and was unsure where i could ask, the loadiine thread seemed like the natural spot, but seems im incorrect there lol can you suggest a better place to post this issue to?

p.s i dont know anyone else with a wiiu so i cant test power supply issues, but i can try and test another hdd....

Thanks mate i really appreciate you taking the time to share some of your knowledge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto