Hacking "Official" WiiU Loadiine Compatibility list thread

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Day 452: Wonderful 101 launched!

But, it is in my opinion unplayable. Voices are lagging at the start of the recording, heavy lag on some points of the game.
Will have to stick to the disc version of it I guess.

By the way, is it know why Mario Maker wont boot?
Is it because of the update needed or something else?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need the new guitar in order to play so you have to buy the game to get the guitar and play...
I have the guitar and game for XB1. I'd like to look at the files of the Wii U version though to check for possibility of customs on disc. If it was possible I'd only need to get the Guitar Hero Bluetooth module for the Wii U. The guitars are all identical otherwise.

Reactions: Reecey

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Where could I find the most accurate guide about running it together with TCP Gecko? :wacko:

- 2. In the Internet Browser, Launch the included kernel exploit (www/kexploit)
(You need a modified kernel exploit that sets 0xA0000000 virtual memory range to 0x10000000 physical memory address)
Is the virtual memory at 0xA0000000 still writable?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok, new to beadded to the working list, transformers prime, works fine with miimaker mode or smash bros mode after deleting erreula.rpl from the code folder allowing it to use the default system erreula.rpl instead (seems rpl files that share the name of a common rpl's can cause issues, this *may* fix other games i guess), the game itself is a bit slow loding levels, but i guess thats due to it having like 13,000 smaller files which seems to be the biggest bottleneck for games

Last edited by gamesquest1,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where could I find the most accurate guide about running it together with TCP Gecko? :wacko:

Is the virtual memory at 0xA0000000 still writable?
Not sure about 0xA0000000 being writable, but I put a version of loadiine on my site to use with Mii Maker mode.

For using it regularly, you have to pick your game, then load up pyGecko, then start Smash brothers (I guess both eshop and disc work for this part anyway).

Consider this version of loadiine 'dirty'. Will be looking into another method.
To use it follow these steps (starting from loadiine):

1. Launch "Loadiine (For Mii Maker + pyGecko)"
2. Select a game and press X, it will reload to the Home Menu.
3. Launch the Browser
4. Run pyGecko for Loadiine
5. Run Mii Maker to boot your game.

do i need a copy of super samsh bross to play backups in loadiine?
Not anymore really, but I'd recommend having one for now. Some games do not work in Mii Maker mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, new to beadded to the working list, transformers prime, works fine with miimaker mode or smash bros mode after deleting erreula.rpl from the code folder allowing it to use the default system erreula.rpl instead (seems rpl files that share the name of a common rpl's can cause issues, this *may* fix other games i guess), the game itself is a bit slow loding levels, but i guess thats due to it having like 13,000 smaller files which seems to be the biggest bottleneck for games
Updated, let me know if you run into issues (if you play it) so it can be changed if need be.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

thej3ster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about 0xA0000000 being writable, but I put a version of loadiine on my site to use with Mii Maker mode.

For using it regularly, you have to pick your game, then load up pyGecko, then start Smash brothers (I guess both eshop and disc work for this part anyway).

Consider this version of loadiine 'dirty'. Will be looking into another method.
To use it follow these steps (starting from loadiine):

1. Launch "Loadiine (For Mii Maker + pyGecko)"
2. Select a game and press X, it will reload to the Home Menu.
3. Launch the Browser
4. Run pyGecko for Loadiine
5. Run Mii Maker to boot your game.

Not anymore really, but I'd recommend having one for now. Some games do not work in Mii Maker mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updated, let me know if you run into issues (if you play it) so it can be changed if need be.

Thanks for all the hard work on the list!

naitsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I read somewhere (i cant find it now i guess it was somewhere in this hread, too) about a new method to compress rpx files or even decompress rpx files which are already compressed when dumped, which lead to higher compatibility rate. Does anybody know if this affects Watch Dogs, too? Is there any possibility to get Watch Dogs working now or soon?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Compatibility List link FIXED
Well, I'll be updating the one we made earlier today so...
Why make it close access / write protected?
Why not a wiki and let everyone help like EVERY OTHER compatibility list done so far? the new one was made because the list was not updated and users couldn't update it themselves.

You just removed the link that A LOT of users knew. (not only on gbatemp, but a lot of websites were already using the old link, you replaced it instead of updating the first one, thanks to that there are now 3 different lists...)

1st compatibility list
second one with loadiine 3.0
third one

If you want to keep google for your list, I recommend you restore the first link that many website are using and keep that list updated, maybe grant more access (or make it free to edit to everyone)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why make it close access / write protected?
Why not a wiki and let everyone help like EVERY OTHER compatibility list done so far? the new one was made because the list was not updated and users couldn't do it themselves.
Honestly, I don't care if it is a spreadsheet or a Wiki. I just kept the same format as was already made. So until something is decided, I'll just update the other spreadsheet for accuracy. I'm not here for debates on what list to use or how to make it, I'm just trying to keep things updated without having to spend hours looking around and combining someone else's spreadsheets because they can't edit the one listed in the thread, nor can anyone add access but thejester at the time. Of course, now only I can on my list, but I'm around like 20/7 most weeks...

So would I mind a Wiki? No, it can be managed by users as well then.
Do I have a preference towards one or the other? No, because it doesn't have a difference on the end result..

Reactions: canariobr

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
my comment was directed to thej3ster who replaced the new link with another one instead of restoring the first list.
if he wants a community driven list, we should make it community writable, on wiki, like we did for all previous plateform (nintendont, etc.)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my comment was directed to thej3ster who replaced the new link with another one instead of restoring the first list.
It's cool man. I just wanted to throw my thoughts in is all.

On the write access thing, I know why I left mine locked. I don't feel like having to revert some random lamer's edits like FaTaL_ErRoR might do. And I mention him only because of the first post I saw by him, talking about blah blah blah Nintendo pwn your exploit, or something dumb that seems to be the complete opposite of majority of the Forum community.. Lol.

I don't use google docs much so I don't know if you can actually block someone from viewing them or not since you can easily grab a new gmail or something. Most of the Wiki's I've put info in, users can be denied access to articles if they make dumb edits and screw things up constantly, without hurting other User privileges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3