Gaming Official Super Scribblenauts thread

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It gets boring quick, and the puzzles are all dead simple, excluding maybe two or three in the entire game.

They cheaped out and made far too many "spawn the correct thing" type 'puzzles'. They aren't fun or imaginative at all.

Regardless, it IS fun to just screw around every now and then.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So, who said the M3Real was basically useless plastic now? I take it a patch as far as M3 users is as hopeful as me buying Thrill Kill at Wal-Mart.

And the more I hear, the less I seriously want to play it. It seriously sounds like a 5 minute time waster, and then right into the garbage.

D

Deleted-188346

I don't buy any of these opinions, given the severe negativity that the majority of posters here have displayed regarding the lack of patches.
You need to play the game with an open mind, without any of the pent up nerd rage lingering.

Officer Delibird

Trophies
Website
comitsblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
I don't buy any of these opinions, given the severe negativity that the majority of posters here have displayed regarding the lack of patches.
You need to play the game with an open mind, without any of the pent up nerd rage lingering.
The reason we are "pent up nerds" is so people dont buy the wrong game and waste money, I gave the game a 4 out of 5 which is not that bad

D

Deleted-188346

Comit8907 said:
The reason we are "pent up nerds" is so people dont buy the wrong game and waste money, I gave the game a 4 out of 5 which is not that bad
Don't worry, I wasn't really talking about you. 4/5 is good.
smile.gif

I'm more talking about the people just saying bad things.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SubliminalSegue said:
So, who said the M3Real was basically useless plastic now? I take it a patch as far as M3 users is as hopeful as me buying Thrill Kill at Wal-Mart.

And the more I hear, the less I seriously want to play it. It seriously sounds like a 5 minute time waster, and then right into the garbage.

We M3DS Real users are like the outcasts of the community now.
frown.gif

Officer Delibird

Trophies
Website
comitsblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
CharAznable said:
SubliminalSegue said:

We M3DS Real users are like the outcasts of the community now.
frown.gif
Dont take it that way, Im sure there will be a patch soon r4 users just got lucky this time

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Puppy_Washer said:
Comit8907 said:
smile.gif

Poor baby can't handle criticism on a game he likes?
The game is alright, but it DOES get boring very quickly.

Pros:
-Lots of words
-Lots of adjectives to spice up the game. Several are quite fun. (ridable, flying, explosive)
-Twitchy gameplay mostly fixed by implementing Dpad controls.
-Lots of puzzles
-Custom level creation vastly improved

Cons:
-Lots of words spawn the same thing
-Lots of adjectives do very little, nothing, or have really stupid effects.
-Adjectives make the game quite a bit easier in several cases. (a noble sacrifice, but yeah)
-Many puzzles are just spawn 'x' object, sometimes with 'x' obvious adjective. Gets boring, very quick. (example: peasant on the left, millionaire on the right, spawn one of them with similarities to the other, so you spawn a rich peasant, and win. It's a pathetic puzzle and they do it a lot)
-A handful (less then 5) puzzles are actually challenging. Some are only difficult because some right answers wont work.
-Ollars are almost officially useless now. Instead of giving it more uses, you only need it to buy character sprites, and absolutely nothing else.
-If you played Scribblenauts 1, the game loses a lot of charm. Adjectives and smoother gameplay only add so much to the game. Especially with mediocre puzzles.

It's fun in its own right, and it is fun to play with words. But ultimately, it gets boring quick, quicker if you've already played the original scribblenauts.

D

Deleted-188346

Hells Malice said:
Puppy_Washer said:
Comit8907 said:
smile.gif

Poor baby can't handle criticism on a game he likes?
The game is alright, but it DOES get boring very quickly.
I haven't even played it yet. But, I'm seeing a lot of people passing negative judgment after only playing for like a day or so.
I think that people are just jumping into the game expecting too much and with a negative frame of mind, due to the AP removal wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j