Gaming Official Spirit Tracks Chat Thread

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
The game was really easy at first but has been getting harder now since the second temple quest.

I just finished the second temple and there were some very fun puzzles and a cool boss fight.

The touch controls have worked well although they don't seem as smooth as in the first game. Especially the flute controls are wonky. Although it's not the stylus but the microphone part that is working badly for me. Blowing on the DS doesn't work that well in this game. They overdid the blowing part a bit
tongue.gif
. You need to blow the right way ( that's what she said ).

It also seems to be on the short side, and I mean very short. I got a complete heart container for doing a house mini game and saw a complete heart container for sale in a shop. That's a bit cheap Nintendo, where's my heart pieces?
tongue.gif

The graphics are nice but the artstyle just doesn't cut it anymore. We need a new handheld, DS2 or new GBA in 2010 please :).

Oh well, it's fun, like every Zelda, and remember, this is the last traditional Zelda game so enjoy it while it lasts!

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
For the third duet: this song is 3/4 and not 4/4. Other than that, you must not play the yellow note. Can't think of anything else to help.

Getting the fourth rail map is harder than previous things in this game. I'm impressed this game could prove to have a challange!

The graphics looks so so. Nothing impressive but it's not bad either.
I like this game, and I find it better than PH. I liked PH too.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that the Song of Light sounds like the first few notes of "Fly me to the Moon". Also, while traveling on the tracks, animals like small birds and dolphins will heal your train if you pull the whistle on your gearbox when they're nearby.

si_ok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For those that are having trouble playing the pipes here are some tips:

1) keep a steady breath on the mic
2) move the pipe that you want to play over the line. if you need to skip one then just move it quickly. DO NOT STOP BLOWING. You'll find that if you move and stop fast enough you'll jump notes without sounding any inbetween
3) keep a steady breath

imaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know how to get the chest in Castle Town, on the roof of the house just to the right of the cucco barn? I can't seem to make the jump to it (holding a cucco, of course) from the castle ramparts, and trying to jump from the cucco barn just drops me straight down into the road without any glide. Does this need some particular item?

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
si_ok said:
For those that are having trouble playing the pipes here are some tips:

1) keep a steady breath on the mic
2) move the pipe that you want to play over the line. if you need to skip one then just move it quickly. DO NOT STOP BLOWING. You'll find that if you move and stop fast enough you'll jump notes without sounding any inbetween
3) keep a steady breath
Don't mean to show off but I had no trouble whatsoever. It helps if you play/previously played a similar instrument in real life. Used to play a recorder and that helped.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like a moron for asking this, but whatever. Im in the tower for the first time and Zelda just went inside the phantom's body and now i need to open the door in the center of the room. I accidentally skipped the dialog so i have no idea what Zelda was saying and i cant figure out how to get the stupid door open.
I know, i fail at LoZ.

Gggghhh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NoSmokingBandit said:
I feel like a moron for asking this, but whatever. Im in the tower for the first time and Zelda just went inside the phantom's body and now i need to open the door in the center of the room. I accidentally skipped the dialog so i have no idea what Zelda was saying and i cant figure out how to get the stupid door open.
I know, i fail at LoZ.

Needs two people, draw a line for zelda until it locks on, then get Link on the opposite door.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Social0 said:
The game was really easy at first but has been getting harder now since the second temple quest.

I just finished the second temple and there were some very fun puzzles and a cool boss fight.

The touch controls have worked well although they don't seem as smooth as in the first game. Especially the flute controls are wonky. Although it's not the stylus but the microphone part that is working badly for me. Blowing on the DS doesn't work that well in this game. They overdid the blowing part a bit
tongue.gif
. You need to blow the right way ( that's what she said ).

It also seems to be on the short side, and I mean very short. I got a complete heart container for doing a house mini game and saw a complete heart container for sale in a shop. That's a bit cheap Nintendo, where's my heart pieces?
tongue.gif

The graphics are nice but the artstyle just doesn't cut it anymore. We need a new handheld, DS2 or new GBA in 2010 please
smile.gif

Oh well, it's fun, like every Zelda, and remember, this is the last traditional Zelda game so enjoy it while it lasts!
How do you know it's the last traditional zelda game !?
And, what do you do with stamps?Can you redeem them for something. And any tips for finding heart containers apart from temples.
Thanks

Gggghhh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need the Stamp book from Niko in the house where you start the game. It's completely optional though, he hasn't given me anything useful so far.

For hearts try some minigame challenges, like the Whip Race in the back of Whittleton (I think that gives you a heart anyway, I find it hard to remember where I got them
wacko.gif
) Helping some people out gets you hearts, but again I can't remeber which!

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
well I've completed it but what now? I remember somewhere that you could build your own tracks, how do I do this and what do you get after 20 stamps

Gggghhh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supersonicmonk said:
well I've completed it but what now? I remember somewhere that you could build your own tracks, how do I do this and what do you get after 20 stamps

I think the building your own track thing was just a misunderstanding or misleading PR. You can open up more tracks but that seems to be it. I have lost some of my stamps because I didn't save before entering the final area (The pac-man bit), and it never gives you a chance to save past that point.
hate2.gif

Not sure if I prefer this to Phantom Hourglass yet, I'm going to have to go back and play that again.
The last quarter of the game is great but there's too much easy stuff beforehand for my liking. I'm not interested in completing everything as most of the sidequests simply involve driving people or cargo from one station to another, which isn't much fun to me. Most of the warps aren't worth the effort of going out of your way for, so that doesn't help much, the warp frogs in PH were much more useful.

If the train driving had evolved during the game to be more like the final train map it would have been a good way to keep it interesting.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
I'm at those Akouis (Snow stuff/ice/rabbits).
It's spelled "Anouki". And instead of saying "snow stuff/ice/rabbits" you could say "ice dwellers". Because they're their own race/species in their own right and not a jumble of other species. Also, Anouki is plural and singular at the same time. Like fish. Or deer.

I take this seriously.
lecture.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Gggghhh said:
Supersonicmonk said:

I think the building your own track thing was just a misunderstanding or misleading PR. You can open up more tracks but that seems to be it. I have lost some of my stamps because I didn't save before entering the final area (The pac-man bit), and it never gives you a chance to save past that point.
hate2.gif

Not sure if I prefer this to Phantom Hourglass yet, I'm going to have to go back and play that again.
The last quarter of the game is great but there's too much easy stuff beforehand for my liking. I'm not interested in completing everything as most of the sidequests simply involve driving people or cargo from one station to another, which isn't much fun to me. Most of the warps aren't worth the effort of going out of your way for, so that doesn't help much, the warp frogs in PH were much more useful.

If the train driving had evolved during the game to be more like the final train map it would have been a good way to keep it interesting.

Thats a bit of a disappointment, the whole designing your own tracks feature was one of the main differences to phantom hourglass and now it's just vanished in a cloud of misleading PR. Maybe you unlock it by getting the 20th stamp?

Aratar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also think the train driving is a bit of a downside of this zelda title, I completed the game already. I usually would go hunt down all extra stuff like bunnys and stamps but train driving is so damn long and annoying after a while. that I don't feel like doing so AT ALL.

lachlan383

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aratar said:
I also think the train driving is a bit of a downside of this zelda title, I completed the game already. I usually would go hunt down all extra stuff like bunnys and stamps but train driving is so damn long and annoying after a while. that I don't feel like doing so AT ALL.

I agree. I haven't quite finished yet but the horribly long train travel times mean that I wont be bothered to do all the additional side quests and stuff. It would take waaaayyy too long and just get frustrating.

There should be an option to make the train go faster than "two arrows" speed for when your just travelling long distances and dont care about the train ride, just the destination, IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse