"Joker"
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
It supports 7.0.1 :unsure:
I guess what I read yesterday is outdated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have the R4s Dongle. I'll explain how this happened... Before I updated yesterday I was on update 6.2 and everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the Switch system settings and updated to 7.0.1 from there and then I copied and pasted the ReiNX 2.1 files onto my SD card and from there I get the loop if I leave the ReiNX.bin file on the SD card. When I remove the file it says Package2 Magic failed!
By the way, did not the ReiNX guide specifically mentioned removing "reinx.bin" from the root of the micro-SD Card? It explicitly stated that leaving the bin in it will prevent the system from booting.

"WARNING 7.0.x USERS: Please remove ReiNX.bin from the root of your SD card. Your Switch will be unable to boot until removed."

Source: https://reinx.guide/guide/download-and-install

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess what I read yesterday is outdated.

By the way, did not the ReiNX guide specifically mentioned removing "reinx.bin" from the root of the micro-SD Card? It explicitly stated that leaving the bin in it will prevent the system from booting.

"WARNING 7.0.x USERS: Please remove ReiNX.bin from the root of your SD card. Your Switch will be unable to boot until removed."

Source: https://reinx.guide/guide/download-and-install
I did do that and when I did it says Magic2 Package failed! It's alright now though because I just installed Atmosphere instead and it works now. c:

noneedf0raname

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did do that and when I did it says Magic2 Package failed! It's alright now though because I just installed Atmosphere instead and it works now. c:

Well I’ve tried everything and I can seem to get passed the black screen after payload is injected successfully. I give up.

redemption_fusion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I’ve tried everything and I can seem to get passed the black screen after payload is injected successfully. I give up.

You aren't the only one having trouble! I went to the usage of ReiNX as I started with Atmosphere because I couldn't install converted XCI --> NSP's correctly. I used Tinfoil + Atmosphere & its sig ptaches + USB Installer with Fluffy but kept on receiving the same error code of Error Code 0x00234c02, Tinfoil couldn't read content meta etc.) so I did exactly as the instructions said to do but also just simply received a black screen even though TegraRcm GUI says the payload was injected successfully. Been at it for a couple of hours doing the reiNX tutorial over and over just to make sure I did not miss anything to no avail. Even formatted my USB from exFat to FAT 32.

Atmosphere works perfectly but I was still having issues installing converted XCI's using Tinfoil + Fluffy USB Install and even Goldleaf + Fluffy USB Install. I suppose I can wait it out!

You aren't the only one having trouble! I went to the usage of ReiNX as I started with Atmosphere because I couldn't install converted XCI --> NSP's correctly. I used Tinfoil + Atmosphere & its sig ptaches + USB Installer with Fluffy but kept on receiving the same error code of Error Code 0x00234c02, Tinfoil couldn't read content meta etc.) so I did exactly as the instructions said to do but also just simply received a black screen even though TegraRcm GUI says the payload was injected successfully. Been at it for a couple of hours doing the reiNX tutorial over and over just to make sure I did not miss anything to no avail. Even formatted my USB from exFat to FAT 32.

Atmosphere works perfectly but I was still having issues installing converted XCI's using Tinfoil + Fluffy USB Install and even Goldleaf + Fluffy USB Install. I suppose I can wait it out!

Also been receiving the error code Rom Menu Error Code 2168-0002, didn't realize that this menu I had a corrupted ticketdb.... at least I got those backups. Any way to ensure this doesn't happen again? I'm assuming it was from a corrupted XCI-->NSP conversion but I'm not sure...

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Please fill in this form if you are getting the black screen issue

form

Alsi it seems to work when chainbooting wtih hekate

Also been receiving the error code Rom Menu Error Code 2168-0002, didn't realize that this menu I had a corrupted ticketdb.... at least I got those backups. Any way to ensure this doesn't happen again? I'm assuming it was from a corrupted XCI-->NSP conversion but I'm not sure...

Tinfoil error code

Error Code 0x00234c02
Thought to be issue with new "legal" signing method. Newest ReiNX appears to have fixed. If not try Hekate

Rom Menu Error Code 2168-0002
Corrupted ticketdb from installing Developer Encrypted NSP from Rom Menu. Restore from Nand Backup

redemption_fusion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please fill in this form if you are getting the black screen issue

Alsi it seems to work when chainbooting wtih hekate

Tinfoil error code

Error Code 0x00234c02
Thought to be issue with new "legal" signing method. Newest ReiNX appears to have fixed. If not try Hekate

Rom Menu Error Code 2168-0002
Corrupted ticketdb from installing Developer Encrypted NSP from Rom Menu. Restore from Nand Backup

Thank you for the reply, I will fill out the necessary survey when I get a chance!

redemption_fusion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like say thanks for the help guys! Chainbooting ReiNX through Hekate worked great, I was also not receiving any Tinfoil errors when installing NSP files like I did before in my earlier posts, I was successful through the usage of 4nxciGUI + Fluffy + Tinfoil USB Installer.

4get9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but maybe these errors were due to a lower firmware...

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

4get9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was replying to redemption_fusion

I don't have any nsp instalation.
In fact I had before but problem was solved by a firmware upgrade (6.1 to 6.2)

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.NSP installation is kinda broken on 7.X. You cannot normally install .NSP files with Tinfoil or the latest release of Goldleaf. USB and network install work fine and the latest Goldleaf nightly brings back normal .NSP installation but there is no public fix for normal .NSP installation for Tinfoil on 7.X. That and nothing really requires 7.X outside of online play which is always a bad idea with a hacked console.

Use the USB Installed method.. 100 percent.

I thought exfat had to be used if above 32gb sd card. I’m using 128gb.

I am using exfat and no problem for me so far. Yes, it is known to be corruption but it doesn't for me since last November. Use it a lot with a homebrew and a backup games. No corrupted so far. I have a 128GB SD Card, by the way.

Reactions: Meepers55

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use the USB Installed method.. 100 percent.

I am using exfat and no problem for me so far. Yes, it is known to be corruption but it doesn't for me since last November. Use it a lot with a homebrew and a backup games. No corrupted so far. I have a 128GB SD Card, by the way.

You ever heard the saying never tickle a sleeping dragon? cause that's what you're doing lol, don't come crying to us when it does corrupt :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?