Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh no, I didn't mean in "unbanning" by restoring (my console is still currently untouched by homebrew in a semi-permanent airplane mode state), I meant can I use ReiNX w/ installed NSP (while still staying offline), then rollback/restore to the "clean" state and use it online as normal without the risk of an online ban (meaning, ReiNX/NSP use doesn't leave any logs and such once restored pre-homebrew/NSP installation)
You ‘should’ be in the clear, but nothing is guaranteed

AceTartarSquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is specifically why I'm doing a NAND backup right now. I don't want to lose permanent access to Splatoon 2 online games but I still want to try this out, so I will stay offline as long as I can before eventually restoring the day I'll want to play online again.

This is exactly what I'm doing, and this is the longest dry spell of Splatoon ever. How can you cope?

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
I can install main games from nps just fine and they do work but I cannot install any updates :( Console crashes. I use tinfoil to install. And I used CDNSP-GUI-Bob-v3.4 do download everything.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I can install main games from nps just fine and they do work but I cannot install any updates :( Console crashes. I use tinfoil to install. And I used CDNSP-GUI-Bob-v3.4 do download everything.
You should read the thread as it's been mentioned plenty of times. Tinfoil does not support updates or DLC. You'll need Devmenu for that.

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You should read the thread as it's been mentioned plenty of times. Tinfoil does not support updates or DLC. You'll need Devmenu for that.
Ahh sorry thought it was the other way around ^^;
Ok but how to get devmenu running on ReiNX? DOes it also have layerdfs and how to use it?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I didn't mean in "unbanning" by restoring (my console is still currently untouched by homebrew in a semi-permanent airplane mode state), I meant can I use ReiNX w/ installed NSP (while still staying offline), then rollback/restore to the "clean" state and use it online as normal without the risk of an online ban (meaning, ReiNX/NSP use doesn't leave any logs and such once restored pre-homebrew/NSP installation)
While it sounds like a good plan, the info out there wouldn't be sufficient to answer your question. So do as your own risk

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh sorry thought it was the other way around ^^;
Ok but how to get devmenu running on ReiNX? DOes it also have layerdfs and how to use it?
Again, this has been answered in the thread. Try using the search function and limiting it to the current thread to find what you're looking for.

Hexalform

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it sounds like a good plan, the info out there wouldn't be sufficient to answer your question. So do as your own risk

In theory, this plan should work fine, the only issue is like you said insufficient info (like, even if restoring to a clean NAND backup, is there still a log somewhere that is sent to Nintendo when having gone into RCM or something like that) because to make a backup, gotta go through RCM, and if the backup is 1:1 those logs would still be in place. But that's just speculation, this is just the least-risk to do.

Reactions: leederCHO

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
noob here sorry
what firmware does this CFW support ?
I'm asking because there is no info on the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum