Gaming Official PLAYSTATION 3 Discussion Thread

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody picked up Hot Shots Golf yet? I liked the other ones in the series so I picked it up a couple days ago, but I haven't had a chance to open it.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sirAnger said:
Has anybody picked up Hot Shots Golf yet? I liked the other ones in the series so I picked it up a couple days ago, but I haven't had a chance to open it.
It must be really good!!, I love those games. I was thinking on renting it instead of FEAR.
Too bad a simple golf game costs 60USD new., I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got hot shots, played a few rounds, was kinda fun. But I'm putting the game on hold for now. Gotta finish Dark Sector and Vegas 2 first. Dark Sector is seriously one of the nicer overlooked games. Somehow reminds me of The Darkness, both have the same charm.
happy.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
I got hot shots, played a few rounds, was kinda fun. But I'm putting the game on hold for now. Gotta finish Dark Sector and Vegas 2 first. Dark Sector is seriously one of the nicer overlooked games. Somehow reminds me of The Darkness, both have the same charm.
happy.gif

Well, they are comparing it to Gears, so it must look really good, it seems that it doesn't achieve the same level of excellence of Gears, but it is really way above average. Good thing to know since I wasn't expecting much out of this one.

About Vegas 2, I HAVE to play the original first, then again it would be a good idea to start playing CoD4 in single player before that.

Has any one got Army of Two?, they say it is OK. I don't know, that Conflict game was great as a coop game too.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, DS actually reminded me more of Resident Evil 4. But yeah, the covering is from Gears of War. Still, a very fun game. I'd suggest renting it to play through the singleplayer.

About Vegas, I haven't finished the first one yet. But already playing through Vegas 2. Seems to me you don't really need to know the story (yet). Then again, the game never really had any actual story to begin with.

Also, if you liked coop in Conflict, you'll fricking love it in Ao2.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you like customizing, leveling up and stuff, Vegas 2 is the way to go. Vegas 1 is supposed to be too great to justify Vegas 2's (lack of) quality, but heck I loved the ACE system in V2.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Some good PS3 info in here. Thanks for posts.

I am going to be buying a PS3, but didn't realize the 40gb is all that is out now. Do you recommend waiting for the next SKU / hardware? I'm guessing this will be the MGS4 80gb unit in June?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
abc99 said:
Some good PS3 info in here. Thanks for posts.

I am going to be buying a PS3, but didn't realize the 40gb is all that is out now. Do you recommend waiting for the next SKU / hardware? I'm guessing this will be the MGS4 80gb unit in June?
Yes, wait as that bundle will include a Dualshock3, it is also the 80G model, so you can play PS2 games on it.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to buy a PS3 I've decided, once my 360 rrods on me. Or if there is some sort of deal before then, like buy a PS3 get a free game with it of your choice type thing.

I'm not sure I'm going to go for the MGS4 pack b ecause I don't plan on playing PS2 games so a 40gig is fine with me. I have a wii anyway which is basically all ps2 ports
tongue.gif

So does anyone know of any good PS3 deals going on?
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Even though you said you wont play many PS2 games, I do recommend the 80GB MGS4 Bundle. You get extra space, card readers, more USB ports, heck even a chrome trim. The 40GB has a matte silver trim. It comes with the DualShock 3 and MGS4. The 40GB does not and won't come with a DualShock 3 for a few months.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The dual shock 3 is slightly appealing but money is also an issue.

I figure I'd rather spend $450 on a 40 gig and MGS4 then $600 despite the extra space and DS3. I can live without rumble. I also think I'd like to go with something like this instead anyway:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=64440

due to it's similarity to the 360 controller that I'm used to.

They are planning on packing the DS3 in with future 40gig models though? just not in the near future?

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the Sixaxis is discontinued, so the DS3 has to be packed in with all future PS3s once the current stock is sold out.

And the MGS4 bundle will cost $500, not $600. So the 40 gig version may still be cheaper, but if you're going to buy a game and a new controller anyway, it'll end up as almost the same price.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh for some reason I thought it was $599 not $499. Not as bad, but like I said money is an issue so I won't be buying an extra controller. I will just have to live without rumble. Even $460 is more than I'd like to spend. Hence my original post of "deals where it comes with a free game" hehe.

edit: I just remembered we are all getting a check from the government in may?! Maybe I will get the MGS bundle
tongue.gif
we'll have to see.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Ze, I just saw your last post. Damn, those guys are jerks. I always knew they were doing that stuff when comparing between versions. LOL

I love their other videos though.

I recently got GTA4, haven't played it. I also got Half-Life the Orange Box (haven't even played it!) and Unreal 3 is comming, I returnet F.E.A.R. without even finishing it. I finished, Uncharted, great game!!!!

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
VVoltz, remember when i invited you into that game i was having in COD4?

Well i'd like to apoligize, i didnt mean to send you out an invite to you, becasue that game i was playing was originally hosted in Australia, and since you live on the other side fo the world, it lagged horribly for you and you ended up getting a shit ass score becasue of the lag.

I know i get pretty pissed off when people invite me to games that are laggy as shit so yeah, i accidently send the invite to you and not the name below you.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest complaint on PS3 is the fact that you can't pirate its games since it doesn't have any mod chips for it.....unless I'm mistaken. That kinda renders the system useless to me if I have to actually PAY for the games to play on it.

Sounds cold, but that's how I feel about it.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
rofl.
This girl on the PSN, I've had her for a while, think I saw her on motorstorm or something. Randomly, I was on the XMB and noticed I received a message.

Out of nowhere she told me she has big boobs and was naked.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^HA

I just noticed my name was on the first post...wierd.

I have to say, Tekken DRO is the best game, my opinion of course. I love the series, and I was glad to see it on there when I bought my 60gb.

Anyone wanna add me, go ahead, I usually play on Tekken, every once in a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1