ROM Hack Official Mother 3 Translation Thread

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to tell the whole team that you are doing Nintendo's work and best of all you are doing it from the heart. We need more commitment like this in the industry. Take your time and I hope no one gets in the team's way. I am looking forward will play Mother 3 as long as the team completes it. Thank you.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoomtownBilly said:
I hate RPG's HATE then, a couple of days ago I noticed I had earthbound in a snes emulator.
I decided to gave it a whirl.............. my god this game is amazing. It's so well written! I love the normal setting of things too!

The question I want to ask, Is Earthbound Zero worth a blast?

Consider me Excited for Mother 3.

Try it out. It's not as in depth as Earthbound but it's a lot of fun. I played it for the first time recently and had a good time doing so.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PizzaPasta said:
BoomtownBilly said:
I hate RPG's HATE then, a couple of days ago I noticed I had earthbound in a snes emulator.
I decided to gave it a whirl.............. my god this game is amazing. It's so well written! I love the normal setting of things too!

Try it out. It's not as in depth as Earthbound but it's a lot of fun. I played it for the first time recently and had a good time doing so.
Yep, try it out. Like you say, it's not as in depth as EarthBound (as it is a NES game).
I've only played through the first stage (I guess you'd say) and I must say it isn't that bad of game...quite enjoyable.

If you do decide to play, you may need some walkthroughs and you may try this update hack that makes the game a bit easier.

Enjoy
smile.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
JPH said:
PizzaPasta said:
BoomtownBilly said:

Yep, try it out. Like you say, it's not as in depth as EarthBound (as it is a NES game).
I've only played through the first stage (I guess you'd say) and I must say it isn't that bad of game...quite enjoyable.

If you do decide to play, you may need some walkthroughs and you may try this update hack that makes the game a bit easier.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Yeah, im doing my first playthrough of the game and uploading it to youtube. remember,though, this is my FIRST playthrough so i might skip some things. www.youtube.com/8BitWalugi. Come and watch my playthrough!.

EDIT: i looked at that hack link. GO MATO!

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nguman said:
I want to tell the whole team that you are doing Nintendo's work and best of all you are doing it from the heart. We need more commitment like this in the industry. Take your time and I hope no one gets in the team's way. I am looking forward will play Mother 3 as long as the team completes it. Thank you.

Its actually almost appalling that such a good community IS doing all the work nintendo should be doing. Its really pathetic that nintendo continues to ignore what seems to be a pretty large and devoted community. I can guarantee anywhere nintendo releases Mother 3 I'll buy it.

Nguman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah oh well Nintendo was never a good company in my opinion. Sure, they made good stuff, not going to lie, bit support? Where the hell is that?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
91% on draft 2!!!! It's SOOOO CLOSE!!!!

From the last post, they are going to play though the game after draft 2 is done, and fix what needs to be fixed, then a final draft 3, and it's in our hands!! WOOT!!!!

I've been holding off on playing it untill this comes out... please god, let it come out soon!

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
What I'm really excited about is that it's not going to be some half-assed translation that's often found in an initial release. This patch is going to be AMAZING from day one it's available.

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah the amount of bug testing the team has been doing is incredible. While it does slow down the release, its going to mean when we get the release (some time this fall mato's said) it should be quite solid.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoomtownBilly said:
Sorry to be a big fat pessimistic swine, but I reckons it's going to be about 2 months before we see this released.

Gosh I cant wait.

I'm thinking similar but if you look at the to-do list, you'll see that there really isn't much more to be done. I think it's all hinging on Tomato and Jeffman's availability.

If they don't get too burdened by real life crap then I can definitely see a late October release. Tomato himself has said multiple times that it will be done before Christmas, so I am thinking November at the latest.

Stop by the blog and wish them well in the comments. I'm sure they appreciated the support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1