Official Bitch about Wiikey Update

GeesRiK

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, own up... who msg'ed them a few too many times?!
wink.gif
the following is what you get when you click on the "Feedback" section on the wiike.cn website!
laugh.gif

QUOTE said:
Contact form temporarily disabled
Unfortunately, we have had to remove the contact form and email facilities at wiikey.cn for the time being.

We would like to thank the huge number of people who have emailed us recently with their messages of support and encouragement regarding the SMG update. However, sadly, a small minority of people have been abusing our email facilities with multiple identical emails (thousands at a time) to as a way of expressing frustration that they cannot play SMG backups at the moment.

Therefore, in order not to let the problems with the website distract our attention from the more important issues, we have taken this step to disable the contact form and all wiikey.cn email addresses. We truly regret that this puts us out of touch with those who would simply like to offer constructive feedback and messages of support, but unfortunately there is no alternative available.

Please stay tuned to the News section for further developments!

beanj007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting Idea:

So supposedly, they have the update "finished" but are trying to figure out a "delivery method" to get the update out... anyone else think this translates to: "We have an update, but are trying to figure out how to prevent it from working on clone chips."?

Think about this from a business standpoint... if they can successfully prevent this update from working on clone chips, it's safe to say that these clone chips will become worthless. This translates to eliminating this clone chip "competition". Which again, translates to more money and more sales of their official chips. It does hurt the existing customers, but since our only option is really the CycloWiz, and the WiiKey is still superior, probably isn't going to cost them nearly as much as they'd gain by delaying it until they get it not updating the clones.

This is a unique oppertunity for them to completely destroy this part of their competition. Thoughts?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting Idea:

So supposedly, they have the update "finished" but are trying to figure out a "delivery method" to get the update out... anyone else think this translates to: "We have an update, but are trying to figure out how to prevent it from working on clone chips."?

no, I dont think they have the update finished, I just think they buy time by saying that. If it is finished, I want an update even if it sucks right now.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
By the time you install a CycloWiz, the WiiKey update will be out. The only difference being you've got a chance for your CycloWiz to damage your Wii. But hey, impatience is a virtue these days.

That's the thing, it'll most likely not be out by then. I gave them plenty of time just for the damn audio fix and that took forever. I lost almost all faith in the wiikey team. And like I said, this might be their only chance to recover their bad rep. if they would make a fast update.

Miah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

The delivery system is obviously not talking about how to make it downloadable, they could simply toss it on their website or a torrent. So if "delivery system" does not mean to deliver to us, it could only mean how to deliver it to the chip.
And that's what they said "delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated".

What I gather from this is that the update cannot simply be loaded on to the chip by DVD like previous firmware updates. A Whole new firmware from scratch may require a new chip BIOS update as well, that could not be done from DVD (speculating).

This may mean that they are either:
1) Looking for a standard connector that we the user could get locally to attach our chip to our PC for the update.
2) They need to make a device to connect the WiiKey to the PC that we would have to purchase. I would HIGHLY doubt they will just give them away for free.

Bottom line is if I have to open my case for the update, I will just swap it with a Cyclowiz.

Bogger

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Connector for the PC will cost like chip itself for them. I use wiifree and to update it I need programmer, so i think connector will look like programmer for wiikey too.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated."

The delivery system is obviously not talking about how to make it downloadable, they could simply toss it on their website or a torrent. So if "delivery system" does not mean to deliver to us, it could only mean how to deliver it to the chip.
And that's what they said "delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated".

What I gather from this is that the update cannot simply be loaded on to the chip by DVD like previous firmware updates. A Whole new firmware from scratch may require a new chip BIOS update as well, that could not be done from DVD (speculating).

1) Looking for a standard connector that we the user could get locally to attach our chip to our PC for the update.
2) They need to make a device to connect the WiiKey to the PC that we would have to purchase. I would HIGHLY doubt they will just give them away for free.

Bottom line is if I have to open my case for the update, I will just swap it with a Cyclowiz.

In which case you'll have to open you case to update your Cyclowiz. It's like trading gold-plated poop for silver-plated poop

Remy669

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

If i just have to open my Wii in any situation at all, i'll contact the bastard who installed my Wiikey. He said that "The wiikey is the best and most reliable modchip you can get"

OR he updates the friggin thing for free. OR he puts my a Cyclowiz in my Wii for FREE!!!
mad.gif
lecture.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damn
I still have my dealextremes wiikey but no wii.. gf gave me everything but the wii that she promised lol, i don't need a wii though, wii is kinda shit, I liked how people pirated the fuck out of wiikey, that team is lame LOL.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Miah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In which case you'll have to open you case to update your Cyclowiz. It's like trading gold-plated poop for silver-plated poop

Accept the gold-plated poop will get an update quicker if another problem arises.

Yeah, if you don't burn out your Wii first.

Just to be sure, you knew we weren't talking about really putting poop in our Wii, right?

If so, then I am an electronics tech, I think I can handle it.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
F**k wiikey! I bought one and it bricked my console! I got it from a reputable website and very carefully installed it, but I the thing was definitely faulty coz now my PS3 won't even switch on, never mind play backups.
mad.gif

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiNewz has a new update"

» Waiting For Wiikey
Oct 31, 2007 - 4:57 PM - by xiaNaix
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.\'

The original Firmware coder responsible for all previous firmwares is no longer working with the WiiKey team. The D2CKey team is writing an entirely new firmware for the WiiKey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.