Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abes-Oddysee-550x343.png

Oddworld Inhabitants, the developers behind the original Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, have just announced that they will be remaking the game. However, this will not just be an HD update; they plan on completely recreating Abe's Oddysee from scratch, with the original PS1 version serving as a blueprint.

The post also states that Oddworld Inhabitants intend to release the game Summer 2013. If you are interested, the first public showing should come later this year.
icon11.gif
StickTwiddlers

Reactions: 3 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

BRB, BUYING A CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE
I AM JOINING YOU!

On topic, Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! I will buy this game no matter what system it is on and if I don't have that system, I will buy that too!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I figured there would be at least one fan on the temp whose day would be made by this news.

I've never been able to play any of these games, but this seems like a great opportunity to jump on board. (Also, do you need to play this game before getting into Stranger's Wrath?)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh the childhood memories. I can't even imagine how many hours I've spent playing this with friends. Hopefully the new version lives up to expectations.

On tops I found Abe's Oddysee for 2€ at a local gaming store (New!). Now something to remind me of the great childhood of the 90's :P

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool. I played Abe's Exoddus before this one, so I didn't like the controls, but I most certainly look forward to trying out this remake.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland

I figured there would be at least one fan on the temp whose day would be made by this news.

I've never been able to play any of these games, but this seems like a great opportunity to jump on board. (Also, do you need to play this game before getting into Stranger's Wrath?)

No, first 3 games have nothing to do with Stranger's Wrath. The games are so different, that there isn't a creature in SW, which has been in previous Oddworld titles. (Expect from fuzzles)

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abes-Oddysee-550x343.png

Oddworld Inhabitants, the developers behind the original Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, have just announced that they will be remaking the game. However, this will not just be an HD update; they plan on completely recreating Abe's Oddysee from scratch, with the original PS1 version serving as a blueprint.

The post also states that Oddworld Inhabitants intend to release the game Summer 2013. If you are interested, the first public showing should come later this year.
icon11.gif
StickTwiddlers

Didn't "Just Add Water" announce that Oddworld Inhabitants hired them to do this months ago along with a Munch's Oddysee HD?
I'm excited regardless, but I really wish they would release the HD update for the PC version of Stranger's Wrath already

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww man I remember Abe's oddysee and exoddus, those games were amazing. They were difficult and the environment was awesome and unique. Not to mention there was a fart button.

Me and my cousin spent way too much time with those games, I'm really glad to see that oddysee is being remade (is it too much to ask for exoddus too?)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones