Glosborne77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

First time posting here and I've been repairing Wiis quite recently. However, there's one issue that's been bugging me.

On this one Wii, I can sync a Wii remote successfully and the menu pops up but for less than a second before the screen goes black and flips between No Signal and just a black screen with the words "Component" in the top right.

On occasion, after a minute, the menu screen and music would appear for a split second before going black.

Any suggestions?

Glosborne77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it only happen with that specific wii?
Yes, I've tested other Wiis with the same cables. Those work. I even tried resoldering one of the AV port nubs on the back of this faulty Wii's motherboard. For a split second that the menu was on, I could only see the Mii channel and the Amazon channel

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it stable on the health and safety screen or priiloader (if installed)?

Does it happen with composite/rgb/svideo?

Glosborne77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it stable on the health and safety screen or priiloader (if installed)?

Does it happen with composite/rgb/svideo?
I can't see the health and safety screen not Priiloader. I only have composite cables to test this out, as well as an HDMI adapter. Nether works

AnimeIsDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Turn off Wii. Unplug the composite cable on the Wii end. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug the composite cable back into the Wii.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't have an older TV. I could always buy a replacement motherboard off of eBay but there also might be some virtual games on the hard drive itself. Wherever that unit is on the motherboard.

The NAND is encrypted, you’d need to hack it to extract the key even if you dump it.

I can't see the health and safety screen not Priiloader. I only have composite cables to test this out, as well as an HDMI adapter. Nether works

Is your HDMI adapter a Wii2HDMI?

Out of curiosity have you inspected the board? Especially around the video encoder and the associated traces?

Glosborne77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn off Wii. Unplug the composite cable on the Wii end. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug the composite cable back into the Wii.
Still not working. Also, I noticed that the video output names seems to be switching between Not Support! Then 480p SD. I might have seen something like 575p SD. I don't know

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This issue sounds similar to my primary Wii unit (RVL-001-01).

When the unit was booted from the very start, only black screen is present in component mode. I had to wait for 3-8 minutes for the image/audio to come on the TV.

When I tested this on my older TVs, it has some trippy image warping effect which isn't present in my newer TVs. The more I wait, the more the warping image fade away and display properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1