Odd question regarding Classic Controllers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Landbasered, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Landbasered
    OP

Landbasered Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2014
    United States
    Hi there! Haven't posted here in a while, but here goes.
    Has there ever been a commercially available Wii Classic Controller A/B splitter, allowing you to have two different Classic Controllers plugged into a Wii Remote, and you could hit a switch to choose which one to use?

I know this seems like a silly thing to ask, and maybe even impractical, but hear me out. I find myself wanting to use many different types of gaming controllers with adapters in order to use the original systems controls while emulating them on the Wii and Wii U.
    With this in mind, I have a pile of controller converter and adapter wires.
    I think it would be nice to compact this all into one little box, that you could plug a wii remote into the top and flick a switch to determine which controller you would like to use. Preferably a box that has two sets of each type of controller slot as well as two upper slots for wii remote docking.

So, has there ever been a Classic Controller A/B splitter device?

2. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    I've never seen something like that. It might be possible to make if you just switch power to only one controller at a time. Although if voltage runs on multiple lines (like GameCube) you would need a more complicated switch.