Misc Odd 51330 error

CapnJimby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I have a WRT54GS router running Tomato firmware on it. The Wii (4.2u) sees my access point just fine, but can't connect to it. Even disabling any form of security on my router does nothing, so I'm unsure as to why it won't connect. Any ideas?

Edit: HA! Complete unintentional copy of the last thread's title. That's slightly awesome.

rikuumi

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bennyboy371 said:
Alright, so I have a WRT54GS router running Tomato firmware on it. The Wii (4.2u) sees my access point just fine, but can't connect to it. Even disabling any form of security on my router does nothing, so I'm unsure as to why it won't connect. Any ideas?

Edit: HA! Complete unintentional copy of the last thread's title. That's slightly awesome.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...amp;locale=lang

There you go my dear

PS. Google is useful,
lecture.gif

CapnJimby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it is useful, but I've already been through that page, thus popping up here.

Edit: I feel I should mention, I get the 51330 error (relating to wireless security) without any security enabled at all.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have you tried power cycling the router?

if you have then maybe the settings in the router are corrupt and maybe you have to setup the router from scratch, to see if this is the case if you have another pc on a wireless connection, try resetting the connection back up on that pc see if has the same effect as your wii.

make sure the SSID (network name) match and any security type WEP or WPA or open etc

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the exact same problem as of last night. I have tried power cycling my router and still nothing. Everything in my house has no problem with connecting to the internet so it can't be the router. The only thing I can think of at this point is that Nintendo is actually banning internet access for people playing through back-ups. I've been playing a lot of MH3 online lately, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendo cant ban your router from accepting the wii on the ACL, it just sounds like to me a router config issue, router firmware does get corrupted from time time and sometimes the only way to fix it is to do a full hardware reset of the said router and reset everything backup again, remember if you try to connect to an access point that say your router has WPA security and you choose WEP or WPA2 on the wii then it wont connect. For security connecting to the router via wifi SSID (network name) network key (security key) all have to match alongside the security type, also when accepting new stations on the router you could change it to auto, and then change it to no new stations so no-one can hack your router

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cgpr4life2 said:
the problem is I have done all of this and still nothing

so your saying you reset the router to its defaults and it still wont connect?

this problem people are experiencing and saying that its not the routers fault or their networks fault, and saying that they have been banned or some other issue are incorrect to say the least.

let me explain why it cannot be ninty banning people from your router,

First off think of an ACL (access control list) like a register for you pc's on your home network, if your not on the list you cant connect.

nintendo would also be in breach of several laws including breach of privacy, if they did managed to get a court order to then get your ISP to modify their config of the router to refuse the wii from getting access on to the ACL, then your ISP and or nintendo would have to by law notify you of such goings on.

I dont think that can be done because most router do not see what device conencts only by IP, and subnet mask, and MAC address

nintendo do not have access to anybodies router without a court order, if they did then they would be liable for hacking and in breach of several other laws.

even if the wii was banned by MAC address by nintendo then the wii would still connect to wifi, because the access control list (ACL) has nothing to do with nintendo or any other company, the wii would be accepted by the router to connect to the internet then it would send out pings to keep the connection alive, and then start sending and recieving traffic, until it reached the part that the wii is banned, which resides on nintendo's ban list, then it would come back with an error and only then.

so if the wii cannot connect to the router then the problem resides from the wii to the router, 51330 probably means that a general ping test failed from wii to the router.

the only other suggestion I can think of is this, that you and the others are experincing this issue have installed a wad or installed an update which then broke the module, or part of the program which sends out information to the said ACL.

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I haven't installed any wads or updated my wii in a long time and if what you say is true then the only thing left I can think of is a hardware problem on the wii

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you havn't done already reset the router back to factory defaults there should abe a little button on the router you press with a pin, also if the router is far away from wii and the signal has to go through several walls floors pipes etc that could cause dropped connection or slow connections, try putting the wii right next to the router if possible.

the cinfig file on the router is a little file and if its corrupt then resetting the router hence deleting the config and resetting up the router should resolve this issue

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii hasn't had a problem with dropped signals. It just wont connect anymore. All the laptops and even my brothers wii has no problem connecting. I have reset my router to factory condition but still nothing. At this point im certain its my wii.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cgpr4life2 said:
My wii hasn't had a problem with dropped signals. It just wont connect anymore. All the laptops and even my brothers wii has no problem connecting. I have reset my router to factory condition but still nothing. At this point im certain its my wii.

it would certantly look like something is broken on your wii, maybe one of the guru's who know everything about the wii, know how to repair the wifi section if its a software issue, I know you can format your wii and put it back to factory settings as such for that I would ask someone who has more knowledge of the wii than I do

cgpr4life2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perhaps using my nand backup might help me fix the problem

edit: nand backup failed not only does my wii not get internet but I now lost all my save data fml

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi