OCZ Alchemy Series Elixir Keyboard...?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Aug 9, 2009.

Aug 9, 2009
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    It is at $25 here. On sale, just $5 off. Was thinking of getting it, but is it any good?

Has anyone gotten it? I would save my money for a Razer Lycosa Gaming Keyboard since it has an illuminated keyboard. Hehe. nice. It lights up... But is really pricey...

Should I save, or just get this OCZ one. Or should I just not get one and keep my current keyboard xDD.

Too lazy to edit...

But I also found a Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard.

It lights up and it is only $50. Might get this instead... And also will get a Habu mouse once I got the money ^^

2. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I have the G15 keyboard (Rev. 1) which is the G11 + a LC display for game informations

really nice and worth the money

3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    lool. It was actually merged! Thanks to who ever teh mod that did that xDD. I am one of the lazy type of people...

Bleh... Found out that the G11 is refurbished. The non-refurbished is more expensive... $70 actually. And with the Habu Gaming Mouse... $53... $123 O_O. With Tax... $130 -> $140. Damn that's expensive xDD

EDIT: I found another new keyboard [​IMG]. OCZ Alchemy Series Illuminati Keyboard for $35... Only thing it doesn't have are macros/programmable keys... Bleh. Will they ever be useful in any FPS games? Like CoD4 or CoD5.?

PS. So awesome to edit this xDD

4. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    aren't the actual keys a game needs programable too?
    if so, you don't need any programable keys.

just get a keyboard already.
    light up = win.

5. chA1nBull3t

Member chA1nBull3t GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't really found a use for macro keys for FPS'. Most games you can already premake scripts to auto buy sets of weapons like in CSS.

However, just make sure it's nothing cheap though. Delay can effect gameplay at the competitive level or if you're ever doing something precise like bhoping.

I've heard good things about the G11 though. I personally own a Razer Tarantula but they're both good.
    Also, key ghosting is another big thing. Find keyboards with anti-ghosting in it. I'm pretty sure the G11 does as well.

6. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    @ Antoligy ~ I know it is just like that xDD. But if it is as simple as that, haha. I might as well get that OCZ Illuminati one. I actually am just looking for a keyboard that lights up... But thought those programmable keys will come useful to me [​IMG]

@chA1n ~ I saw the Razer Tarantula. But it didn't light up >_

7. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    EDIT2: Wait, you could just remap the keys...
    EDIT3: That keyboard is on sale for $15 bucks at NewEgg.com. I'd buy it.

8. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I have a G15, but that Alchemy Series is so goddamn sexy... I almost broke down and cried, and for only 15 buck? My goodness.

The fact that it's not a gaming keyboard just killed that for me.

I think that reviewer is pretty stupid. It says on the website that you can swap between normal mode and gaming mode, so it probably does support it. There's no reason for them to not include that yet have extra keys to be honest.

9. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    I know this is a late reply... But oh well.

I don't think I want that Elixir keyboard anymore. I don't really need those programmable keys just after thinking about it... So I might just get the Illuminati one instead. Looks more awesome ^^