Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
please help and respond im stuck when i did the
STEP 6:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".

it froze on Content 15/15 ID: 0000000e. . . Done

also am i meant to do the Wii Fix and Downgrading/Upgrading firmware??!?! you did not state this

Lubbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well i just skipped that shop part because it did it again i went to downgrading the firmware

Lubbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in the downgrading guide it happened again when i tried to fix the shop channel it just froze on the 15/15 part??? what have i done? and will it matter or does all it do is fix the shop channel???

biggerbear

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, hoping for a bit of help as Im a bit stuck...

Im running Firmware 3.3e - Followed the instructions above got the homebrew channel on, installed the IOS16 wad file ok but when I try to install the CIOS wad file i get the error

Installing ticket... ERROR! (Ret=-2011)

Can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

mrp1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice tutorial for the idiots that say oh i ACCIDENTLY updated lol.

The Wii launch was the release of Nintendo's seventh generation video game console. This successor to the Nintendo GameCube was released in most territories in November and December 2006. It was the third (after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) seventh generation console to be released in Japan and North America, but was second in Europe, being released before the PlayStation 3.

when did you get yours.................................id...dot x

its nice you have helped....................

D

Deleted User

mrp1000 said:
djdynamite123 said:
Nice tutorial for the idiots that say oh i ACCIDENTLY updated lol.

The Wii launch was the release of Nintendo's seventh generation video game console. This successor to the Nintendo GameCube was released in most territories in November and December 2006. It was the third (after the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) seventh generation console to be released in Japan and North America, but was second in Europe, being released before the PlayStation 3.

when did you get yours.................................id...dot x

its nice you have helped....................
Oh no you didn't just insulted djdynamite. Fuck, I don't even get what are you trying to say. Neverless, you just insulted djdynamite. You just gained haters.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
biggerbear said:
Hi there, hoping for a bit of help as Im a bit stuck...

Im running Firmware 3.3e - Followed the instructions above got the homebrew channel on, installed the IOS16 wad file ok but when I try to install the CIOS wad file i get the error

Installing ticket... ERROR! (Ret=-2011)

Can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

You need to use the CUSTOM Wad Manager to install what's on my signature, and try first uninstallig (press -) and then install (press +)

baker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
baker99 said:
Sorry I think I am too used to windows generic error codes, for super mario bros 2 the ticket error is ref = -1020 one wiiware game also gave me an installation error -2011

Ok So I bought myself a Wii and downgraded that to 3.2E, installed Starfall, and I still get this error, can anyone help?

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
stupid question,But i dont need to downgrade 3.4 to whatever, will using the Oct.23 fix will be enough?
Btw, will my already downloaded games from the store be deleted because of this or will it stay?
I wasnt sure if it is or not, due to not seen on the video if the FIrmware was still 3.4, and would i still be able to buy games from the wii store?

Anyone?

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i followed the Fix part, But i get this error when it comes to installing the CiosFix Installing Ticket..Erorr(ret - 2011) What am i doing wrong here?
Well i skip this and used that V7 thing. Got it to work, but now I cant install the CIOS Update, At the end it gives me the Installing Ticket..error(ret -2011)
But i dont see anything a the bottom saying, something failed, sorry.. After a few seconds the screen just leaves. Why? did it install or just didnt?
help please :/

= Ok got it to work in my own weirdo way O_ o; did it the opposite lol. But thanks! You stuff helped me and your files as well, great tutorial but was hard to follow with out adding atleast the whoe IOS16 thing that i saw somewhere else about. That was what had me stucked but i resolved =)

Holland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide seemed to work great. I did everything step by step to get my firmware from 3.4U to 3.2U. Didn't have any snags or hold-ups. But even now when I try and play one of my Japanese backups *tatsunoko vs capcom), I get the good ol' DVD Error 324. I've tried forcing NTCS and setting the system language to default and to Japanese. Still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much!!

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Holland said:
This guide seemed to work great. I did everything step by step to get my firmware from 3.4U to 3.2U. Didn't have any snags or hold-ups. But even now when I try and play one of my Japanese backups *tatsunoko vs capcom), I get the good ol' DVD Error 324. I've tried forcing NTCS and setting the system language to default and to Japanese. Still nothing.

You should of kept your 3.4 update, I did and i got things to work even installing wads
biggrin.gif

Holland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kikoshi said:
Holland said:

You should of kept your 3.4 update, I did and i got things to work even installing wads
biggrin.gif

wow..really? could you shed some insight here? i can always format, update, and start at 3.4U.
smile.gif
any help is appreciated!

123Rolle

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
im getting error (ret -2011) when im trying to install CIOS_FIX.WAD.... what should i do? IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad install goes well but then im stuck in that cios_fix!!

Holland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
123Rolle said:
im getting error (ret -2011) when im trying to install CIOS_FIX.WAD.... what should i do? IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad install goes well but then im stuck in that cios_fix!!

i had to use a different wad manager all together to use the fix. i tried using the original one and nothing happened. i'm not sure the exact version numbers of what i used tho. it's hard to find a tutorial that works perfectly for everyone it seems.
frown.gif

mrmcreynolds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WII is now on 3.2 down from 3.4 but it's black and white colors. Anybody know how to fix this one? The whole premise of the downgrade was to run the backup loader which still doesn't work. Can someone explain what I need to do in terms of .WAD file and Region settings I need.

Thank you!

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black and white? sounds like an incorrect region? where are you located? What firmware were you and what are you now? I know 3.4 to 3.2 but was it 3.4E, 3.4U, 3.4J???

mrmcreynolds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it is an incorrect region as it gave a warning label just before it resetted. How do I change the region? Is this done through the .wad manager?
Any help would be great!

Posts merged

I'm USA so E version. I went from 3.4E to 3.2E. I've even tried 3.1E but I still have gray scale colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: