Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP PLEASE ok i'm new
so i folowed the instructions one by one...
i got ALL the tools on my sd card
Have Hombrew Channle 9
wii update 3.4U
and i'm stuck with downloading the cios_fix.wad

Oh and i live in the U.S.
And connect with the Wi-Fi thing

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait until I reload the files to include CW Manager (tomorrow).

From the looks of it, if you updated and you don't have any cIOS installed, you must use CW Manager.

Otherwise you can just use the standard WAD Manager 1.3.

nasgotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT worked yeah baby thanks a ton now i can play wii backup games and im stoked my son this is the shizzzz nizzit

neal73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
Wait until I reload the files to include CW Manager (tomorrow).

From the looks of it, if you updated and you don't have any cIOS installed, you must use CW Manager.

Otherwise you can just use the standard WAD Manager 1.3.

CW Manager?

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i downgraded with this method and it worked gr8 tyvm, but i seem to be experiencing a strange and quite irritating problem, this problem came sometime between when i first updated to 3.3Ev2 to when i downgraded back to 3.2E.

im looking for a solution whereby i have a dvd inside my wii, i load the homebrew channel and my wii doesnt try reading the dvd right after i click start on the homebrew channel.

problem: turn on wii, dvd drive is spinning (so far so normal) i click on homebrew channel, i click start, right after that, screen goes black and disc stops reading immediately (still normal), the screen stays black and the dvd drive tries reading dvd again, stops trying to read dvd wait 10 seconds then homebrew channel finally comes up.

this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"

also ive noticed its not jsut the homebrew channel, its with the ocarina wad as well and the wiishop channel except for the wii shop channel, its stops reading the disk wen i press start within 2 seconds it starts reading again and after about 5 seconds the channel appears and the disk continues spinning

Prawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello???
frown.gif
What about the CW Manager i'm getting a little inpashiont i really want my hombrew app orcarina channle to work again...
cry.gif

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prawl said:
Hello???
frown.gif
What about the CW Manager i'm getting a little inpashiont i really want my hombrew app orcarina channle to work again...
cry.gif

Added CW Manager.

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
radio im guessing uve got a pal wii and downgraded with this method, do u have the same problem as me?

Prawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just tryed to install cios_fix with the costom wad manger on the wii fix tools download and it said ERROR (ret = -1035) What Does this mean do i have to use "Any Title Deleater" to deleate some stuff????
blink.gif

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Dose anybody know why this a'nt working????

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

RGHawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let me get this straight, I just bought a Wii and I updated with ver. 3.4U and I didnt have HBC installed. I installed the HBC (new instalation) on ver 3.4U so that means Im screwed for the time being?? did anyone work a solution for new install on ver 3.4U???

thanks and regards,

RG

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have all the cIOS that I am supposed to have. I installed them and when I go to do the Cios Downgrader 1.0 is says

error -1 on all the files. Im pretty sure I did everything you said. I do have 3.4 and want to downgrade to 3.2 like many other

people. I have everything else working. Wads, Homebrew, VC all that fun stuff just not the downgrades. Just curious whats Im

doing wrong. Thank you

VicsWii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As RGHawk said... If we have a new Wii that came with fw 3.3U and upgraded to 3.4U without ever having the HBC installed is there any way to work around this fw 3.4U?

Does a burn copy of Zelda works? If I wanted to install HBC on 3.4U to be able to downgrade assuming that there's a way around fw 3.4U without ever having HBC installed...

Posts merged

As RGHawk said... If we have a new Wii that came with fw 3.3U and upgraded to 3.4U without ever having the HBC installed is there any way to work around this fw 3.4U?

Does a burn copy of Zelda works? If I wanted to install HBC on 3.4U to be able to downgrade assuming that there's a way around fw 3.4U without ever having HBC installed...

VicsWii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Wii Firmware : 3.3U updated to 3.4U

Mods : No Mods/No Chips

I'm thinking of installing HBC through the guide listed and following the rest of the guide to downgrade and fixing whatever is needed. I never had HBC installed at all...

Will I be able to do it with FW 3.4U?

I have all the necessary files except having the game The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess
Do I need a real copy of the game? I'm located in the USA.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can install the Homebrew on 3.4X. The Zelda Disc can be a copy too. Just as long as the Wii can boot one of the Zelda Discx (doesn't matter what region).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya