• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,806
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
A demo has been released for the Ocarina of Time romhack called Dark Hyrule Fantasy.
The demo gives a look at the Town hub area and the first dungeon.
Intended for the Debug ROM, ZELOOTMA.
Dark Hyrule Fantasy (DHF) is a ROM-hack modification of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, a creative game development effort launched by E-Gor and Spire in October 2017. Stemming from the inspiration and remnants of Project Third Quest's original worldbuilding, DHF aims to be a full Ocarina of Time conversion mod, introducing a new world, a new story, new characters, and modifications of most elements from the original Nintendo 64 classic. Our hope is to deliver a new 'Zelda 64' experience built within the framework of our beloved predecessor.

The world of DHF is an interpretation of Hyrule like never seen before. Deriving from countless sources in and out of the Zelda universe, we aim to represent both classic and foreign concepts in an amalgamation of imagination. We have worked through many world layouts and concepts in order to land where we presently are, and we will show content when it is ready to be shared. There is much work before us, so please be patient, and enjoy the fruits of our labor thus far!

Last edited by ,

GeBeCluck23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know we can't link to ROMs or anything like that here, but what is the checksum of the Zelda ROM that this patch is meant for? I literally have 4 different debug ROMs, all with different checksums, and it doesn't seem to work with any of them.

Edit: I finally found it after all! For anyone else wondering, the correct checksum for the base ROM is CRC32: 62F92704

Last edited by GeBeCluck23,
Reactions: Deleted User

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know we can't link to ROMs or anything like that here, but what is the checksum of the Zelda ROM that this patch is meant for? I literally have 4 different debug ROMs, all with different checksums, and it doesn't seem to work with any of them.

Edit: I finally found it after all! For anyone else wondering, the correct checksum for the base ROM is CRC32: 62F92704
I went on a hunt to make it work to give you an answer but you got it figured before me
Funnily enough my base rom's CRC32 was 081E2B91 and it's working just fine
upload_2020-6-16_21-19-43.png

Reactions: Deleted User

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean this?
upload_2020-6-22_17-20-13.png

Patch it anyway, it worked fine on my end and you have eight different ones to try; you probably found the one I used :P

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there a 3ds version of this mod? I never see orcarina of time 3d get mods like this or project restoration like how majora's mask 3d has or something.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there a 3ds version of this mod? I never see orcarina of time 3d get mods like this or project restoration like how majora's mask 3d has or something.
We don't have the tools for 3DS OoT Modding. We only work with the n64 games due to convenience and the abundance of documentation and hackability. Let us know when we can write with C for the 3DS games :P

I would like to see 3ds zelda modding sometime though.

Reactions: cvskid

F-Lambda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's having difficulty with this, use Tool 64 to check what the format of your file is. I had the right debug version, but it was byteswapped (v64), so I changed it to the proper Big Endian format (z64).

Reactions: Panda395

Omeagadeku

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m having trouble with this rom I found the correct one and patched it but for some reason it’s not working just showing me a black screen the emulator I’m using is project 64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D