Gaming Ocarina of Time 3DS: Kaepora Gaebora hangin' out.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just thought this was kind of funny; Anybody else experience any weird shit with this game? Haha:

With 3D Off
252526_10150205403967810_709007809_7280655_4309643_n.jpg

With 3D On
261588_10150205403192810_709007809_7280653_7598342_n.jpg

Excellent game, but this is just kind of funny haha.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, when pressing the home button on the Kokiri Forest I got a strange black thing on my screen for like a second. Also in 3D mode when I got the training sword or whatever it's called, the view point for each eye was extremely different so I was actually seeing two Links in completely different places.

Nickeleye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think in certain dialogue sections the 3d was meant to be on. I noticed when talking with Zelda for the first time when you sneak into the castle, during the "cutscene" portion if the 3d is turned off you do not see the two guards in the distance through the castle window. You turn the 3d up and the two guards "slide out" from behind her head into view.

Just a thought.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't play this game with 3D off anymore, it looks so much cooler and i'm afraid i'll miss things they are meant to be seen in this version of the game. xD i mean it's not like i haven't played it in 2d before...

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did anyone notice that some textures have been changed totally?
The exits of holes that you could jump into are no longer rainbowcolored, they're solid stones, the blocks with the moonshapes on it do look different now too. (personally, I liked the old ones better...)
The teleporters where you would need the proper song for now carry the signs of the respective amulett on them, rather than only a triforce. Stonesigns look different now, too.

Plus, I can't remember the triforce on the teleporter in the temple of time to be yellow, but now it is yellow. ^^
Inside of houses you can now look around, noticing that there are MANY paintings and scribblings hanging around everywhere. Well they're not really useful at all, but it's nice to examine every house carefully. I am pretty sure that even the interiors have been modified a LOT.

Also, the fishing-pond has been re-designed. It looks a whole lot better than before now, PLUS, you can see a lot better underwater than in the original game.

There is a lot to experience if you still know the original. It feels like a "find the difference games" somehow, but it's fun. And then, the same old tricks (jumping over a fence backwards and stuff) still work.

The new aiming with your 3DS feature is very nice too, only Navi has become more annoying than ever, telling you to f*cking take a break every hour you play... "oh Link I'm so tiiiireeeed, How about taking a break? Whenever you get tired blah blah blah..." Damn that little fairy for that... reminds me of my favorite MMO telling me "You have played for 1 (2, 3...) hours, please take a break" -.-" I can take care for myself, THANKS.

Well yeah, that's it so far. ^^

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that break reminder thing is a ploy so that you can't sue nintendo for ruining your eyes.
it's annoying yes, but they had to do it.

hope there's a hack someday to remove it though.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly... I've only seen the break reminder once and I'm already to the fire temple... Maybe because I don't have the 3d on all the time (my stomach feels a little queasy after awhile so I constantly switch it on and off)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
Not really because I had the 3D on the whole time,but that is funny.

Tbh I'm more annoy by the chickens then anything else.
What did the poor Cuccos do to you?
They're noisy and I keep accidentally hitting them when I try to pick them up and you know what happens when you hit them to much.
ohnoes.png

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the cuccos freak out after only 2 hits, I think. It really sucked during the cucco side quest.
tongue.gif

I really love the new textures for the game. It really makes the original look damn ugly.
smile.gif

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
KingVamp said:
They're noisy and I keep accidentally hitting them when I try to pick them up and you know what happens when you hit them to much.
ohnoes.png
The cuccos rain?!
Yeah, it's painful >.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That owl is awesome (not in that screenshot though;). It's my favourite character in the game. *YAYOWL*

And I just visited that fairy on mountain top. Awesome shit. But she herself is a little bit creepy.. I actually thought it was a menacing boss :]

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
ninditsu said:
that break reminder thing is a ploy so that you can't sue nintendo for ruining your eyes.
it's annoying yes, but they had to do it.

hope there's a hack someday to remove it though.

There is- close your 3ds for a few seconds every now and again (to go to the toilet or something). I close mine a lot as I have a lot of things going on around me when I'm pretending to work, and I never get the 'break' warning (plus my 3DS claims I play for an average of 39 minutes when I usually play for 2-3 hours)

It's a shame that in some sections the 3d makes me slightly nausea-addled trying to keep things focused in the darker areas, I find I have to angle the screen so I am looking from below to get the best effect- I'm sure I've missed some things through turning it off!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-