Hacking Ocarina not downloading cheat files

Sheldon392

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use USB Loader GX to boot my games, in the past it has worked fine: I click on the game, go into settings, click ocarina, download the cheat file, and activate it. Worked for Wii and Gamecube games. Now it won't download any cheat files, I tested it on previously working games but still nothing works, it gives me no cheats to turn on and off in Ocarina. This is the file that it downloads when I look in the cheats folder on my drive (I removed my IP and replaced it with dashes):

Please enable cookies.
Error 1010 Ray ID: 105c51f8cc560294
Access denied

What happened?
The owner of this website (geckocodes.org) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (105c51f8cc560294-mh5).

CloudFlare Ray ID: 105c51f8cc560294 • Your IP: ---.---.---.--- • Help • Performance & security by CloudFlare

I did recently switch to using exclusively my USB device and I also updated GX to the latest developers release or whatever if that changes anything

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Geckocodes.org is now hosted using cloudflare, which is like a proxy used for few features, but mainly:
- store the webpages on multiple servers to prevent downtime.
- Block DDOS attacks by filtering non conventional browsers.

USBLoaderGX (and Acciohacks and all other loaders), are now filtered and blocked.
I tested to edit the HTTP request used by USBLoaderGX to use a working user agent and full header, even tested with cookies enabled (using a allowed cfduid from my browser), but it didn't help and cloudflare still complain and gives error 1010.

If the web browser's filtering is not the main purpose, and they only want to keep the website online, then geckocodes.org needs to disable the browser integrity check in their cloudflare settings.
I don't know if user agents can be enabled one by one, or if it's a global setting. If they can set user agents in whitelist, they could add Acciohack/USBLoaderGX/Etc.

header returned by cloudflare when trying to access geckocodes.org through a loader:
Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server:cloudflare-nginx
Date: Mon, 17Mar 2014 20:28:57 GMT
Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
Connection: close
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d4e0138eba6744e2854bcf6e2057fbbf61395088137540; expires=Mon, 23-Dec-201923:50:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.geckocodes.org; HttpOnly
Cache-Control: max-age=10
Expires: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:29:07 GMT
CF-RAY: 10cbf09ba04808bd-FRA

Edit (2014-05):
The issue is fixed.
Just don't use "Referer:" tag in the HTTP request.

USBLoaderGX 1226+ is working fine.

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue which is a real bummer. Hopefully there is an update to CFG USB loader to point to this new website so we can download cheats again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no new website.
The URL is exactly the same, but they are filtering consoles and allowing only real browsers.

They need to edit their config in their proxy to allow Loaders/homebrew again, and no action will be needed on the loader's side.
(OR, they need to tell us which settings/header/signature are required to allow bypassing the proxy protection, but it's defeating the proxy purpose if everyone could bypass it).

cypher007

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to go to gekocodes and download the txt file for a game? just starting out using this feature on usb loader gx, and hoping this might be a temporary work around?

also im running 1180, I think, when I try and update it it says no updates, I used the v1.8 windows installer, but it seems there is version 1218 available. is this a beta?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can download the .txt manually, you need to put it into the Sd:/ (or usb:/) /txtcodes/ folder
the filename must match the gameID6.txt
for example SD:/txtcodes/GZLP01.txt

the internal updater is currently not seeing all new revision, and it still has r1180 as latest version. (1180 is v3.0)
1218 is currently the latest revision (you can call it beta, but it's more a "transitional revision before next release"). I'll probably put 1219 in the auto-updater.
But I wanted to fix ocarina download first, I don't think it can be done so I'll just release 1219 with current updates (look in my signature for new features).

Reactions: cypher007

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know which "program you are running", but as stated above, USBLoaderGX is fixed since r1226.
some old homebrew didn't receive any update and are still not working (for example AccioHacks is not working).

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I was a bit vague there! I'm using CFG USB loader, build 70. Or I was anyway, after posting yesterday I downloaded and installed USBLoaderGX, which of course works fine, though I don't like the interface quite as much. Is there anyway to do the coverflow thing?

It would be nice to see cheat downloads fixed in CFG, but as there hasn't been an update for a couple of years I guess it's a little unlikely now.

EDIT; Just re-read that and it sounds rude and ungrateful, sorry. GX is a very nice piece of work, so thanks to you and everyone else involved in making it, I guess I was just using CFG for so long that changing to something else feels odd.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not rude, each users has its own preference for the Loader's interface.
I don't like the "flow" effect in wiiflow with covers moving and rotating, you have to scroll many time to find a game if you have a lot. I prefer seeing a list, or all covers/channels like at once.
If you want to see covers to look a little like "flow", you can try the "wall" or "Carousel" layout.

CFG has an update to support nintendont, I don't know if it also has been updated for cheat code download.
If not, you can use USBLoaderGX to download the .txt file, then exit and use CFG as usual.

Just change the codes/ and txtcodes/ path in the Settings so the loader will save in the folders used by CFG Loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Photoshopped.