Hacking Ocarina Codes with USBLoaderGX

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello again fellow tempers,

i am again "hacking" a NTSC version of SSBB using freely available ocarina codes.
the thing is, the codes that i am using, dont work, and that is, that they are not recognised at all when checking to see if they exist in GX (please dl codes message).
when loaded with the non-working codes, the game black screens and controllers disconnect... (without the codes it plays as normal)

i had this problem many moons ago when GX was in its infancy, and thought it was a bug, but turns out, it is possible i am doing something very wrong.
i use the windows "OCARINA CODE MANAGER" to compile a custom character selection screen filled with the possible 53 character, but it is not working...
on a side note, i did have this working on a backup of the game back in the day, but i no long have a backup of the game.

any help to do with this would be awesome...

TheWarDragon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try deleting the codes file for usblGX and then re downloading the codes thru the loader, then edit the cheat list on pc to add new codes, i had to do this a while back. maybe itll work

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
TheWarDragon said:
try deleting the codes file for usblGX and then re downloading the codes thru the loader, then edit the cheat list on pc to add new codes, i had to do this a while back. maybe itll work

Cheating on games is all fine and dandy but ive heard that Winbendo are banning peeps online now for running cheats in games! The word is out on the street that if you are gonna cheat in the games then do it on someone else's wii!
lecture.gif

LOL
yaywii.gif

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Cheating on games is all fine and dandy but ive heard that Winbendo are banning peeps online now for running cheats in games! The word is out on the street that if you are gonna cheat in the games then do it on someone else's wii
first of all, who are your sources, and second of all, its probably just a lie... also, i call BS!

on another note, got the codes mostly working, however now the custom guys dont work ie gigba bowser and the zako's.. they just appear as the regular players ie bowser, falcon, etc... so i gotta look into this...

the reason behind my lack of using this is as i didnt have the plain text on the SD, and had just converted to the GCT file... this for some reason does not work...

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing close to banning for cheats I've heard about is for using them when playing online... which is pretty lame to begin with (on the cheaters end).

overlord00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the only time ive seen hacking online is with mario kart... noobs who are not good enough to play without them. tisk tisk.

i am talking about offline and for fun. and anyway, you would get mismatch errors more then likely on brawl.

and lastly, sorta got this working by copying another post of codes from the smash forums... got it sorta working, then broke it so let it... cbf anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-