Hacking O3DSXL - Recoverable?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i've got my old bricked O3DS XL. I bricked it after region changing it to EUR from USA and then trying to update sysNAND from PBT-CFW using DevMenu and CIA's.

So my question remains: is it recoverable?

Now, before you say hardmode, I do have NAND backups.

But here is the weird thing: I can boot into recovery just find and I just updated to 10.6 supposedly (it says the system was successfully updated.)

But turning it on results in a black screen. Weird. I can still access internet settings by toggling the wireless switch, letting it attempt to update, and then it telling me my wireless is off and taking me to the internet connection menu.

Any alternative DNS's I should try? I used 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 as my secondary DNS with it (obviously) set to not Auto-obtain.

Anything I can do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: I can also calibrate the touchscreen by holding L + R + X while pressing the power button.

Last edited by dpad_5678,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With mismatched region setting you would need a hard mod to restore. No way around that I think

I second this.

You upgraded your system, of course that worked. But the issue is that you can't change your region without hardmodding it back to a usable state.

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take the SD card out before you turn the system on.
Actually, there was no SD card in. I though that as well.

With mismatched region setting you would need a hard mod to restore. No way around that I think
Hmm..... Weird. Because right after it bricked I was able to update it (and start it) to 9.6.0E, but then I tried to hardmod it myself. After a few failed attempts, I gave up and decided to leave it alone. After that, I could still "update" from recovery mode, but would get a black screen. I don't think I messed up the hardware in my failed hardmod attempts as I can still boot into recovery and the touch screen calibration.

I second this.

You upgraded your system, of course that worked. But the issue is that you can't change your region without hardmodding it back to a usable state.

When I first region changed it, it was fine. But I was too much of a little bitch that I wasn't happy with 9.2.0E and wanted to downgrade to 4.2.0E.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I first region changed it, it was fine. But I was too much of a little bitch that I wasn't happy with 9.2.0E and wanted to downgrade to 4.2.0E.

What's wrong with 9.2? 9.2 is the best firmware to be on when getting CFW set up. You get auto cold boot and a boot manager that looks like linux grub manager. And if you're not familar with what auto cold boot is; it's when you turn on your 3ds and it will automatically go into your cfw of choice. Way better than the mset ds profile exploit you get at 4.2 firmware.

Last edited by cooroxd,

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with 9.2? 9.2 is the best firmware to be on when getting CFW set up. You get auto cold boot and a boot manager that looks like linux grub manager. And if you're not familar with what auto cold boot is; it's when you turn on your 3ds and it will automatically go into your cfw of choice. Way better than the mset ds profile exploit you get at 4.2 firmware.
This was a while ago. Almost a year ago. (April 2015)

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a hardmodded 9.1j jpn n3ds i thought sysnand region change wasn't possible anymore since Nintendo deleted the files?
That's just downloading older firmware files from the NUS. You cane easily get them from that iso site where scumbags go.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a hardmodded 9.1j jpn n3ds i thought sysnand region change wasn't possible anymore since Nintendo deleted the files?
Nintendo deleted the files from NUS, which means you can't just use 3DNUS to download it.
Need to have it on hand or go to that ISO site to get them instead.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
B3K8r6H.png

....sorry had to XD

Reactions: Hiatus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users