OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello since im totaly noob i ask you for help
I have old 3dsxl with 4.1.0-6e european wersion i think
Can you tell me please how to is the easy way to do cfw so i can run unsigned cia file
Step by step please . I do not have any flashcard for 3ds.
What is chance to brick my console?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

I think, that the easyest way is to buy a R4 3ds rts.
It cost around 60 zloty.
With that you can install the DS Profile exploit (mset) easyly and offline.

I would recommand rxTools (-with pasta-) there is a good tutorial i think but if you have questions ask

nintendogba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have "r4 3ds upgrade Dual core real time save"
It works with my 3ds on ds roms
Can you please send me a link to tutorial how to do this

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I think, that the easyest way is to buy a R4 3ds rts.
It cost around 60 zloty.
With that you can install the DS Profile exploit (mset) easyly and offline.

I would recommand rxTools (-with pasta-) there is a good tutorial i think but if you have questions ask
The mset exploit can be installed without a DS mode flashcart, using spider.

And, RxTools would be the best for his situation

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@LameNobody yeah it works but in my view its not the easiest way.

@nintendogba
ok then microsd will be the card for the "r4 3ds upgrade Dual core real time save"
and the sdcard will be the card from your 3ds (may you will get a bigger one before you start)

01) download the gateway 3.2.2 version
02) put blue card GW_INSTALLER.nds into the mircosd
03) put the Launcher.dat into the sdcard

04) now put your r4 into the 3ds start it and execute the GW_installer. Follow the setup.
05) restart your 3ds and go to: settings -> other settings ->Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile
06) you will boot into the Gateway menu there you have to backup your nand first and turn the 3ds off (hold powerbutten 10 sec twice)
07) put your sd card into you computer and copy the created NAND.BIN save very well! as well as the hole content of your sdcard
08) put the sd card back into the 3ds
09) restart your 3ds and go to: settings -> other settings ->Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile
10) you will boot oncemore into gateway menü. but now select format emunand
it will ereas all your sd card and will create the emunand.

now you are prepared to follow the steps from here

Edit: Lamenobody has right

Last edited by sweatbox,

nintendogba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok when i do this just
"
To make it work, you need to put the firmware.bin file in the root of your sdcard, just like rxTools.dat; the problem is that it contains material protected by copyright, so it's illegal to share this file, though we can legally download it from the Nintendo CDN. I included a simple tool that does it for you (with sources) : click on cdn_firm.exe and it will download the file for you.

Note : To boot emuNAND 8.0 or higher, or to play newer games, you need
slot0x25KeyX.bin in the root of your sdcard too, if you are on a sysNAND below 7.0."
Ok so ewerithing is going on removable flash memory so if something go wrong nothing hapend with my console right?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you have created the emunand as i have told you, and you booted first into the emunand all changes are made on the sdcard.
nothing bad could happend. but when somethings went wrong with your sysnand. have the NAND.BIN backup that you can restore with a hardmod.

nintendogba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok i understand.
"10) you will boot oncemore into gateway menü. but now select format emunand
it will ereas all your sd card and will create the emunand."
It will create emunand of my nand so it will be 4.1 yes? so how can i instal emunand 9.8?

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi Rider_Kick

for me the Gateway emunand works pretty well. i switch between gateway and rxtools, because i have not the gateway all the time with me, or dont need the Multiloader function but the gba

@nintendogba
when you have created emunand and you have all things done from rxtools. you can go to settings -> here you will see RX-E 4.1. If it is so you can go to internet connections and setup your wifi. go back till you see RX-E 4.1 oncemore and you can go to other settings -Y system update. your 3ds will reboot. start rx via Settings -> other [and so on] and you will have the newest firmware

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think i instal rx toll properly now please tell me how to instal cia
HOW TO FOR NOOB PLEASE

Once you are in rxtools menu After updating emunand to 9.8 (hold r when the screen with the dude shows in the upper screen)

You want to go down to the 'other options' menu 5th down from the top.

You want to hit a button on 'install fbi over health and safety'

You want to hit 'y' to install in emunand. If you hit x, restore your nand through gw loader and start again. Many xbox etc regulars hit the wrong button...

Next time you boot into rx mode, the triangle to your top left on the home screen will load cia installer as apposed to a health and safety warning in sysnand. Install your cias. You need double space on sd for unpacking, ie a 4 gig cia needs atleast 8gig free, then after install hit delete the cia file itself, to free space.

See the tile icons on the lower screen. Up the top is one square with four squares next to it. Al it does it widens the viewing of menu titles. Have them different in sysnand and emunand so you recognize when you have been booted into sysnand. I leave it for sysnand and hit the 4 squares on emunand to expand the screen and make it easily recognizable, since a simple task like entering internet setting will put you back in sysnand without knowing.

Any questions just ask. Or pm a regular here that doesn't show attitude in the main forums. This site is great, i love it, the superiority attitudes and noob unfriendlyness, not so much...

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use 2.5.

Browser should work, but i use 3ds x-loader from google play to launch so no internet is needed.

Get the app.

Start app, and change from gateway to rxtools in the drop bar menu. It will say gw lanucher with a little arrow pointing down. Click it and select rx tools.

Hit start server.

Hit L to open camera, then touch the checker board to scan qr and place the box on the screen over the qr checkerboard picture on the android device to load.

Before this will work you will need to launch it on the android device and then search for an access point in internet setting on the 3ds. Go all the way through and don't test as your not looking for internet and unless mobile data is enabled it will fail and confuse you/some. Set the security to none, if it makes it easier, in the hot spot settings on your android device.

Some times after scanning qr the lower screen will stay lined and/or pixelated, This will require a hold on power to turn off and retry. This is normal every say 1 in 10 or so.

Once you see the image of a unshaved man on the top, with text below saying hold r to access menu, tapping r should be enough to bring the menu i mentioned above up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.