Hardware O3DS SD Card slot issue-- Please help

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
assuming its a o3DS,n3DS/n3DS XL (not a o3DS XL or 2DS) you can get a replacement card slot and install it pretty easy it just clips in, for the n3DS it may be hard finding a replacement part as they are still fairly "new", but if its a o3DS you can pick one up for a few dollars

or you could just wedge it in with some card as a ghetto fix

Reactions: SmileCitrus

ant888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming its a o3DS,n3DS/n3DS XL (not a o3DS XL or 2DS) you can get a replacement card slot and install it pretty easy it just clips in, for the n3DS it may be hard finding a replacement part as they are still fairly "new", but if its a o3DS you can pick one up for a few dollars

or you could just wedge it in with some card as a ghetto fix
I tried to wedge it in, but the 3DS say Could Not read SD card.

zeldafan20081

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
As much research as I did on the issue last night before I passed out on my keyboard, the only answers I could find were wedging it in or sending it to Nintendo. Some people hinted at replacing the SD card slot on the Nintendo forums, but since they don't allow talk of DIY hardware fixes, they edited people's posts to remove such information.

Those are the only three solutions that I could find. I'm sorry if they don't help.

ant888

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much research as I did on the issue last night before I passed out on my keyboard, the only answers I could find were wedging it in or sending it to Nintendo. Some people hinted at replacing the SD card slot on the Nintendo forums, but since they don't allow talk of DIY hardware fixes, they edited people's posts to remove such information.

Those are the only three solutions that I could find. I'm sorry if they don't help.
I think the SD card spring-mechanism is broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8