Ace attorney save issue

Hham12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having an issue with a pirated copy of the phoenix wright trilogy on 3ds. I finished a chapter and when I tried to save, I got an fbi error and had to reboot my system. I tried playing through the ending again to see if it had fixed itself and the same thing happened. The error code was 0xc960454b, if that helps. Also, when I rebooted, the sd card reader took a few tries to read the sd card properly.

Hham12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to test that SD card if you never tested it.
Thanks! I’ve never tested it, so I ran first aid from disk utility since I’m on Mac. It didn’t detect any issues. I’ve also cleaned out the as card slot and the as card with a pipe cleaner since I don’t have any isopropyl alcohol on hand right now. Do you have annything else I can try?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I’ve never tested it, so I ran first aid from disk utility since I’m on Mac. It didn’t detect any issues. I’ve also cleaned out the as card slot and the as card with a pipe cleaner since I don’t have any isopropyl alcohol on hand right now. Do you have annything else I can try?

Since you have a mac, copy the data off the card , test the card empty with f3xswift

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Hham12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a mac, copy the data off the card , test the card empty with f3xswift
I’m fairly sure the card Itself is fine, I’ve had it for a while and never had any issues. I did a system transfer with cfw and it’s been fine even after that (I downloaded ace attorney after the transfer)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’ve also cleaned out the as card slot and the as card with a pipe cleaner since I don’t have any isopropyl alcohol on hand right now.
Yikes! That sounds more likely to cause damage than to fix anything.

I’m fairly sure the card Itself is fine
Running f3xswift on the empty card is the only way to be sure, and there's not much point in trying anything else unless you're sure.

Hham12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes! That sounds more likely to cause damage than to fix anything.

Running f3xswift on the empty card is the only way to be sure, and there's not much point in trying anything else unless you're sure.
I made sure to not poke around too much with the pipe cleaner and I have experience working with the hardware side of 3ds customization so I’m not super worried about that, but I will try f3xswift if that’s the only way to make sure
Post automatically merged:

I’m trying to take the data off the sd card but I keep getting an error like “this action can’t be performed because … contains data that can’t be read or written (error code -36)”. I ran f3xswift with all the stuff on it just to see what would happen and it said it was ok. Any ideas?

Last edited by Hham12,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m trying to take the data off the sd card but I keep getting an error like “this action can’t be performed because … contains data that can’t be read or written (error code -36)”.
Aye, that probably means your card is bad.

If you had a PC, this is where I would recommend using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy all the data off. Not sure what the equivalent for OSX is. (You could use "dd" to make an image of the entire card, I guess.)

Once you have all your data copied off, you just need to copy it to a new, properly-formatted card. (Do not put the card in your 3DS before you copy the data to it.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y