[O3DS] CFW Not working anymore?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lutii, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Lutii
    OP

Lutii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi, everyone!

Let me start by saying that I'm...desperate.

I've follow a guide on github really long time ago ( I think the FW was 10.4 by the time) and did everything right to my 3DS and everything worked, I was playing and everything oh-so-well. (I had/have Emunand).

The problem is, I "abandoned" my 3DS like 6 months ago and now decided to play it again.

I remember that we could update the reinand directly from the system, so I proceeded to do that right as I turned my 3DS on again.

The problem is... it's not turning on properly? It didn't turned on till a few (lots of) tries. When I've managed to launch it (idk how, it just did), I can't open ANY game/app (not even the CIA launcher one, used to install .cia games). I've managed to open <only> the System Settings and the apps like Photo/Sounds, and it says version 11.4.0-37U.

I don't what to do, I just wanted to play some games after all. D:

Oh yea, when I tried to open that "homebrew menu launcher" and the CIA installer one, they didn't open and they both disappeared.

Sorry if my english is crappy it's just that I'm so desperate that I'm just typing words

Last edited by Lutii, Jun 9, 2017
  2. bakageta

bakageta Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    United States
    You need to update Luma (my guess as to what you have if you hacked on 10.4). New firmwares aren't always compatible with old builds, so you should always update Luma before updating the system. Put your sdcard in the PC, check if there's an arm9loaderhax.bin in the root, and if so download Luma v7.0.5, and copy that arm9loaderhax.bin over to the root. Pop it back in and give it a try.

Later, you can follow the guide to update to the latest b9s and Luma 8.0, here:
    https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html