Homebrew O3DS 9.9.0-8e - What can I do?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening guys!

Well as the title say, i have an o3ds with a 9.9.0-8e firmware, and i have that update nag that i don't seem capable of delete. I have tried to turn my console date to 00-00-2000 at 00:00h then tried to go to the browser and the nag stills there. I have also tried to go with L+R+A+Up then canceling it neither worked, so I tried to search anything else without any luck, so I was wondering if i did something wrong or if not, what are my other chances?

I have a friend with OoT, but there is something I also dont understand: what else do i need? A second 3ds with homebrew or another way to access homebrew launcher (in this o3ds).

Thank you very much!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can downgrade to 9.2 and install custom firmware by following the guide posted above.

It's super easy to follow and gives you so many extra features for your 3ds.

Take your time and follow that guide. I have downgraded 5 different 3ds now :D no issues and I haven't encountered any problems. A lot of those steps even give you scenarios where problem can occur. But thankfully nothing bad happened for me.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you find a way to get into the Home Brew Channel, you're good. You can downgrade and pirate all da games with that firmware. Just don't update for the love of god!

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your answers but my question was, in fact, what can I do to access he homebrew channel with this firmware, and i tried the the things explained in the first post. Thaks everybody!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answers but my question was, in fact, what can I do to access he homebrew channel with this firmware, and i tried the the things explained in the first post. Thaks everybody!
What error message do you get when you attempt to launch the internet browser? Have you followed this guide to get it working?

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

If you updated to 9.9 using a game cart, which it seems like you did, then you have a dummy browser, and you need to use another method for homebrew:

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(no-browser)

Last edited by Lacius,

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the late answer.

I get the "You must update your console before being able to use the browser." or something like that, and yes, I did update through a cart. I guess my only option is to use a game to go through HBL. If anyone has a tip or something, it's welcome. Anyways: Thank you very much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.