Hardware Nyko Power Pak +

Melee85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gerben838665 said:
ill buy this if it comes to The Netherlands / Europe

QUOTE(jpxdude @ Mar 18 2011, 01:47 PM) I don't care for the charging dock, but I will buy the power pak when it's available in the UK! Does anyone know where these are going to be sold?

I'm actually wondering if this is going to be on sale in the UK too, actually. I'd love to get that pack to expand the 3DS battery life per charge.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, an email, sent to support, as shown within this thread somewhere, states that othe colors may become avalible later. this isnt that bad for two reasons
one, the blue would look tacky as they could never make it match due to the batter being rubbery.
the other thing is that the black would not look too bad on a blue 3ds. it would be similar to the dsphat

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, that was my e-mail and my post.
Donald Serrot said:
Okay, I decided to contact Nyko and personally ask them about the color options.
QUOTE said:
Thanks for contacting Nyko Technologies. At this time, the Power
Pak+ and the Charge Base for Nintendo 3DS will only be available in black.
In due time, we will be sure to analyze retailer and consumer demand for
other colors and new colors might be released in the future. The black goes
very well with the Aqua 3DS, and in fact the Aqua 3DS already features heavy
black highlights in its design with the casing around the 3.5inch top screen
all black.
For the price, how not bad it looks, and what I also get out of the deal I'm probably still going to be getting one for my 3DS. :yay3ds:

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
though it may still ruin the cool design, it will make it nicer to hold most likely and since i like playing with full brightness and on the go
thus this will work
i cant imagine very many people are buying this without planing to use it on the go. the ps3 and 360 are better for at home

i plan on using it for my long periods of time when not at home such as the hour drive to school, the hour back and the 2 before and after

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gunna hold off on this and see how the default battery works out for me. I think roughly 3 hours of play at a time will be enough for me.

And anyways, I bet something even better than this might come out in the future, so I'll hold off for a while and see what happens. If not, I might pick one up eventually.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Looks good, and i'd give some thought to getting one, but i guess it depends how long the 3DS lasts when i'm playing and if i find i keep having to stop to hook up a charger.

Only problem for me is the fact it cannot work with the original dock, and i'm not going to buy a second one just to use the battery, i'd just stick with plugging in the charger the "old fashioned way" instead of buying the nyko dock, after all if i can live without docks for my other devices I think i'll be fine without one for my 3DS.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I usually mostly play my DS at home anyway, so I don't know if this product is for me.
On the other hand I'm definitely going to be keeping my system in sleep mode when I'm out and about, and when I'm out I'll usually be more conservative with the battery.

FYI, the dimmer screen options look a LOT better on the 3DS than on the DSi.

Anyway, my major concerns with the Nyko power pak + are:
- Does the entire thing noticeably heat up?
- Does it add significant weight to the system?
- Does the (although somewhat minor) added bulk hinder portability?
- Will the unshielded charging contacts pose any problem?

In the long run, this might be an ideal solution, but like most people I'd like to see an option from Nintendo themselves.
Looking at the way the backplate for the 3DS was designed, I think Nintendo wanted to do something like this from the beginning, Nintendo have even bragged about the back plate a little.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I think maybe if 3 hours a day isn't enough then you should probably try and get another hobby lol. Take it as a forced gaming time limit. But yeah i'm only getting one for the hour to uni and back, then I guess the little spots around it/or just at home. Can't say i'll ever need this unless the supercard drains the battery even faster and it gets ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1