Nyko DS (lite) Charger Grip

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TwinBlades, Aug 22, 2009.

Aug 22, 2009
  1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Does anyone have this? I'm planning on getting it but I thought if people that have it, can share their thought and how the thing feels? Like is it heavy when your playing (Hurts the wrist?)?, Is it durable and easy to put on and off? What does the DS feel like once you put it on, less hand cramp? Anything that it feels similar to (Control)?

Thanks guys http://www.killerbetties.com/nyko_charger_..._lite_review_ds

2. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    I have one and they are not too bad. It is quite good when playing mario kart problem I had was remembering the l and r buttons were above where the grip ended. If you plan on carrying it with you then you will notice the extra weight, but if you carry them separate you will not notice it. I actually recommended it if it seems interesting to you.

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I had one of those once. While it IS more comfortable to hold and play the DS with them, the "charging" part of it sucked hard. The batteries only lasted about 30% of the regular battery and once it died, the DS battery will go quicker too. I'd avoid them if I were you.

If you just want something to make holding the DS more comfortable, I recommend this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6782

Unfortunately, DX has been sold out of them for a long time, but I've seen them in Gamestop before.

The little handles extend out, but you never need to extend them, they are fine for comfort when closed. No silly batteries or anything in it to screw up your DS either. As you can see in the pics, it also holds up to 3 carts and an extra stylus.

I have two of them myself. The worst thing about them is if you are rough with your DS, the top half of that case is easily broken at its hinge. But I've owned them for a couple years now and it hasn't broke yet.

4. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Thanks guys, but is both the deal extreme and this one comfortable when you play fps games like cod/mph?