Homebrew RELEASE nxTransmission, a torrent client for the switch

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised to see this on the Switch, I'll keep this project bookmarked that way I can watch it's development. I know downloading NSP(s)/XCI(s) through this will have it's speed advantages over "Storefronts" like HBG/Shop/, and also other more legitimate things that don't come to mind immediately.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised to see this on the Switch, I'll keep this project bookmarked that way I can watch it's development. I know downloading NSP(s)/XCI(s) through this will have it's speed advantages over "Storefronts" like HBG/Shop/, and also other more legitimate things that don't come to mind immediately.

you are generally wrong, the limiting factor is the network. Get a gigabit network card and you should see a nice boost.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

Yeldah

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I could not figure out how to setup the android app to work with nxtransmission. Though i have successfully setup an ftp server to the ftpd homebrew app. What i then did was to send a .torrent file to the torrent folder in nxtransmission on the switch, so when i launched the app in homebrew it automatically downloads the torrent. Note to myself remember so disable auto sleep mode in switch settings so it doesn't turn of and terminate the download. :'D On Android rs filemanager has build in ftp support so you can easily send files from your phone to the switch. Also you can add the torrent folder from the switch to favorites so you don't have to look for it everytime. Hope it helps someone.

Last edited by Yeldah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh