NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

Beetlejuice90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I am trying to use a .m3u file to watch IPTV on the NXMP. It works really well but is there a way to change channels or see the full list. Only the first channel on the m3u. file is shown. I could not find anything regarding this. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Beetlejuice90,
Reactions: laraklara

snk4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could it be possible to support unicode file names ? I have files with Korean characters in the name and they don't show in NXMP.

NitroHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm... how do I create playlists for NXMP? I have tons of tiny videos that I'd like to watch one after another, but I can't seem to find how...

light001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried ftp but even though I can see the folders and files, the moment I select a mkv, it says its buffering for a second and nothing happens. Same ftp and same configuration works just fine on pplay. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by light001,

barney91

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
hi? I am a korean
Currently, when playing a video using ftp or smb, nxmp does not recognize subtitles.
Is there no way? For reference, NAS is wd cloud

crazy1111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

So, I'm having some trouble creating and connecting to FTP server. I'm using newest version of Atmosphere 1.3.2 and firmware on Switch 14.1.2 and have tried using pplay 3.5 fork 5 and nxmp 6.3, and FileZilla Server 1.5.1 to create my FTP server, but my files and folders are not showing up. Changed pplay.cfg file by adding NETWORK = "ftp://user:[email protected]:21/"; and config.ini file by adding source=TESTFtp|ftp://user:[email protected]:21/path/ and tested it on my PC and FTP server is working (also seems to make a connection with Switch), but again I just get ... when I try connecting, any suggestions?

UPDATE:

OMG...I finally figured it out, after hours of trial and error. So, I finally downloaded the newest version of NXMP v0.6.3 Rev 7 (Nightly Build) and using FileZilla Server 1.5.1 (and most importantly using non-applet mode), and the setup in the picture below, I got my videos playing perfectly over FTP!

Server Listeners List_2.jpg

Last edited by crazy1111,

Snorfls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He, Im loving the player so far. I was just wondering is there currently .srt subtitle support, and if so how do I select the subtitle files for a movie Im watching?
Post automatically merged:

He, Im loving the player so far. I was just wondering is there currently .srt subtitle support, and if so how do I select the subtitle files for a movie Im watching?
For reference Im currently watching .mp4 with seperate .srt subtitle files

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Post automatically merged:

For reference Im currently watching .mp4 with seperate .srt subtitle files
In my case, I put the movie and the .srt subtitle on the same folder, named exactly the same. And the media player recognizes it automatically. Never had an issue with that.

Try it this way and check if it works for you.

Reactions: VDDZ and SylverReZ

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, be sure your .srt file names don't include special characters and are not insanely long. Not sure what the exact restrictions are, but I had to change some of my file names to get them to work.

leuhan1995

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone, I am very happy with this player. I would like to know if there is any way to be able to play audio IN THE BACKGROUND while playing some game, such as an overlay of the tesla menu.

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello everyone, I am very happy with this player. I would like to know if there is any way to be able to play audio IN THE BACKGROUND while playing some game, such as an overlay of the tesla menu.

Haven't try any yet but I have seen some music players going for this feature.
Example is Triplayer which has an overlay inside release files.

Link to the correct topic:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/triplayer-a-feature-rich-audio-player-for-nintendo-switch.576515/

briee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling to generate an nsp for this (either completely invalid or crashes on launch depending on the forwarding tool), but here are square icons for it. PSD files in the 7z.

Edit: nvm, succeeded with SAK. the nsp is now attached in the zip.

Attachments

• nxmp256.png
    nxmp256.png
    60 KB · Views: 58
  • nxmpSquare.png
    nxmpSquare.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 41
  • icons.7z
    738.5 KB · Views: 28
  • NXMP-0166070b361fa000.zip
    374.7 KB · Views: 46
  • nxmp256.jpg
    nxmp256.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by briee,

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple MP4 videos I downloaded that work perfectly on my PC, yet when I try to play them on NXMP I get the "buffering" note forever and they never play :/. And the videos aren't even HD. Any help? can PM an example if someone wants to investigate it.

soldiaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
put in given folders but crashes on launch showing black then just white screen, finally error code and demands restart.

I am on Atmosphere 14, FW 15

Kyoka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
is it just me or sometimes whenever i played a video in high quality , for a second or two the quality dips a lot , is this a common thing?

Reactions: nWo

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
is it just me or sometimes whenever i played a video in high quality , for a second or two the quality dips a lot , is this a common thing?
Yep. Seems to be normal. 720p is pretty fine. But at 1080p, data mosh effect sometimes.

like the idea of watching a film on it, but does it drain the battery quick
Really? I mean, i watch movies only when the console is docked, but watching episodes is pretty solid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w49byd81I_Y