NXloader Galaxy s6?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by StarGazerTom, Aug 5, 2018.

1. StarGazerTom
    OP

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    So, I just got my s6 fixed and a otg cable with it.

It hosts usb reviews fine, but when I try to use NXLoader, the switch sits at a black screen. Obviously the payload isn't being sent.

In the phone, I get the attached image.

Furthermore, even if I close and restart the app, it never tries to send the payload again, I must uninstall and reinstall it.

Hopefully there's a software solution or something. I don't wanna spend even more money on this frigging console.

Attached Files:

NoNAND likes this.
  2. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The app used to work for me now I get the same error... Couldn't tell you why it does that hopefully, someone else provides a solution. Just use TegraRCMSmash on PC for now.

3. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    That's what I'm doing for now, but I'm Hoping someone might have a solution for This, it's awful annoying having to use the laptop.

4. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have you recently updated your phone (suggesting Samsung still supports the s6)? I have a Galaxy Note 8 and my problems started occurring after doing a firmware update (on my phone). I looked it up and it seemed to be that it doesn't work on all phones but on most, what it didn't answer was why it used to work then randomly stopped. Also, my phone isn't rooted so that shouldn't be an issue in it not working. I tried reinstalling the app and reselecting the payload and that didn't solve it, so maybe it is down to the device?

5. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    I updated my S6 immedietely after getting it, as i waited for a year to use the damn thing after the screen broke a week after buying it and couldn't get a refund. So it's on Latest, afaik, 7.0.0

Model is SM-G920F

6. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
  7. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
  8. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think a mobile firmware update could've potentially made it not work. I had it working fine but I swear a firmware update was the only change made to my device before it stopped working. It does ask for some sort of permission when you connect a switch to it which I allowed, so I really don't know and the other thread on this, as well as the github questions, don't give any clue to a solution to this issue. I'm not sure what version my phone is on or was on but I get that exact same error code.

9. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Weird because I have seen someone say s6 works, try swapping the cable around, plug the phone end in the switch, switch end in phone, try both ways.

10. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    thats more than my s6 active does, doesn't even notice the switch being plugged in

11. Ericthegreat

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Again this happens to me on s8 if I'm using the wrong side of the cable, and if your using an adapter, the adapter has to go in the phone.

12. mrsin

mrsin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2016
    Poland
    I had the same problem. After updating S8 payload injector stop working but it was before, i have tryed many combination with aplications but i cant solve the problem. That have to by phone because I used cables with my s7 and it works perfectly

13. Techjunky90

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    there is no wrong side of the cable, your phone uses USB c, our phones do not

14. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    I had this problem on galaxy s5. Thi error is because your cable is too long. Needs a shorter cable or other configuration.
    Worked with Galaxy S5 stock FW but I need to use:
    -MicroUSB to OTG USB A on Phone
    -USB A - USB A cable
    -USB C- USB A adaptor on switch

A long usb a to usb c cable gives the error like yours.

15. Ericthegreat

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Last edited by Ericthegreat, Aug 5, 2018
  16. Techjunky90

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
  17. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    Actually it looks like you are using the play store Version by IDG studio and not the orig release by David Buchanan, which to quote, works fine on my old s6

Last edited by adrifcastr, Aug 5, 2018
  18. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    Huh. Ok. I might try find a really short usbc cable, or maybe I'll buy one and cut it down to be as short as I can.
    I was also considering if the issue might be that my Usb-A to Usb-C is a usb 3.0 cable, where as my otg cable is usb 2.0.

19. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Ive never gotten it to work on my sprint galaxy note 8. Even with the include OTG adapter. Works fine on my sons Galaxy 7 tho

20. StarGazerTom
    OP

Feb 2, 2015
    I didn't get it from the play store. I got it from the github.