Hacking RELEASE NXController - Use PC keyboard to play Switch games (Windows/Mac OS/Linux)

Real.96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm glad to announce you this fantastic app, developed by wwwwwwzx!
NXController will let you play your Switch games using your PC keyboard. It takes advantage of sys-botbase, a great sys-module made by olliz0r, which also lets you to read/write into Switch RAM or run scripts.

Requirements:

Usage:
1) Put sys-botbase nsp inside atmosphere/contents/430000000000000B on your SD card and rename it to exefs.nsp
2) Create a new folder in sdmc:/atmosphere/contents/430000000000000B named "flags". Create a empty file called boot2.flag inside this folder. Restart your switch.
3) In your Switch, go inside System Settings > Internet and take note of your IP Address
4) Open NXController, select IP (sys-botbase), write your IP Address in the box and click connect

From now your keyboard will be connected to the Switch, you can start send inputs. It has a similar configuration as yuzu:

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f636867533530742e706e67

You can anyway edit them from app Settings.

NOTE
Some games (Pokémon SwSh for example) which use local wireless will break wifi connection once opened. To avoid this we use another sys-module: ldm_mitm (https://github.com/spacemeowx2/ldn_mitm/releases)

1) Download and open ldn_mitm zip
2) Put bot folder one the root of your SD card
3) Restart the Switch

Scripting Examples:
https://github.com/olliz0r/sys-botbase/blob/master/example_PokemonSwSh_SurpriseTrade.py
https://github.com/Real96/PyNXBot
https://github.com/wwwwwwzx/PyNXBot
https://github.com/Real96/Seed_Raid_Bot
https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET

Let us know what you think about it!

Last edited by Real.96,

Real.96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Interesting. This coupled with AutoHotkey could allow for scripted botting in certain games.
Scripting is in plan! There is already a way to bot anyway, you can take a look at sys-basebot python example script in its github link

el-emmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't seem to get it working unfortunately, Switch doesn't respond to inputs. I don't think I did anything wrong, hm.

Reactions: Real.96

Real.96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sadly still not working, this is how the files/paths looks like, and I also got the IP correct definitely. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you try directly in game or in home? Does it work in home? Does the app connect to Switch or does it give you an error? Can you try create a new boot2.flag, restart the switch and try again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would we use the SYSBOT.NET with this sorry if it's obvious
You have to check instructions of the wiki in github project

Last edited by Real.96,
Reactions: el-emmo

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this work for System Shock on Retroarch?

Speaking of which, where the heck is that game as far as official switch release.

el-emmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try directly in game or in home? Does it work in home? Does the app connect to Switch or does it give you an error? Can you try create a new boot2.flag, restart the switch and try again?

Thank you for the quick replies, I tried in game, the app doesn’t give any errors and seems to connect fine. I’ll try with another flag.

Last edited by el-emmo,

Real.96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for the quick replies, I tried in game, the app doesn’t give any errors and seems to connect fine. I’ll try with another flag.
Try in home first. If you're trying with pokemon, you need ldn_mitm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

have any way to configure the mouse or even its buttons in the application
Atm nope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1