Homebrew WIP NX-FPS - SaltyNX plugin collecting FPS data

Bánh Mì

Trophies
XP
Country
For last few days I was reworking NX-FPS, Status Monitor and SaltyNX to support passing FPS data via SharedMemory.
SaltyNX is the one hosting SharedMemory.
Status Monitor and NX-FPS are taking copy-handle from SaltyNX and mapping memory.

Pros of this solution:
- Debugger is not more needed to read data, so dmnt:cht and svcdebug are completely gone from Status Monitor. This solves issues with microstutterings (not visible in video, but hearable from audio) and using it in the same time with other debuggers
- NX-FPS plugin now is not writing anything to sdcard
- Status Monitor now is not reading anything from sdcard (detection is handled by using SharedMemory).

This won't change existing SaltyNX compability issues.
Now is going through test phase if there is no memory leak or mishandling system.

If you want to test it yourself, you must compile SaltyNX, Status Monitor and NX-FPS from those PRs.
https://github.com/masagrator/SaltyNX/pull/22
https://github.com/masagrator/Status-Monitor-Overlay/pull/22
https://github.com/masagrator/NX-FPS/pull/7

Only known issue is that SaltyNX is not handling at all issues with SharedMemory reserved offsets.
This will impact usage ONLY if somebody would like to take advantage of SharedMemory and it would use it in combination with other plugin using SharedMemory like NX-FPS since you won't be able to determine what offset should be used.
This is something I want to fix before releasing it officially.
Could i add it to show only fps and temp in mini mod?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello @masagrator,
Do you consider NX-FPS ready for testing with SharedMemory PRs merged ?
For testing - yes.
I still need to change code in SaltyNX to map memory only once instead of in every boot + figure out why in situation, where Switch with Status Monitor FPS Counter active and game running was put into long sleep, Status Monitor is not cleaning up shared memory after closing game and it won't do it until you restart overlay.

First one will fix SaltyNX randomly crashing.
Second one is something that may affect using NX-FPS if there will be any other plugin next to NX-FPS that will try to use SaltyNX Shared Memory. I didn't check yet why this happens.

Reactions: PkmBDSP

jedinegao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't understand, the counter was working correctly, and now it's not working and even reinstalling salty nx and putting the plugin all right still doesn't work.

Bramzs77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m not sure but I think it doesn’t work on firmware 15.0.0 because after the update, all other overlay still work but not NX-FPS.
Anyone else ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not sure but I think it doesn’t work on firmware 15.0.0 because after the update, all other overlay still work but not NX-FPS.
Anyone else ?

I’m on FW 15.0.0 and Atmosphere 1.4.0 and here’s me running NX-FPS in Status Monitor While playing Ori.

image.jpg

What are the symptoms you’re seeing?

If your are getting a constant 254fps, double check you have the latest .elf installed in /SaltySD/plugins/

Bramzs77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hm very strange....When I launch Tesla overlay I can see on Status monitor, Full or Mini but not FPS choice.
I check and yes I have SaltySD/plugins/NX-FPS.elf.
I may have lost a file during my update. I need something else for the FPS display?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto