Tesla overlay/status monitor/nxfps softlocking my nintendo switch

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FW 16 latest atmosphere. With all according latest files downloaded today, saltynx, status monitor, nxfps, OVLmenu.ovl that is floating around the forum.

So initially everything seems okay. You can select FPS in status monitor go back out and it shows in game. Problem occurs when going back in status monitor the menu doesn't show. and as soon as you press home button your switch console soft locks.... Anything you do on the touch screen doesnt work, nor buttons. And screen is stuck on your homescreen. (this doesn't happen always if i remember correctly with every game. but it seems to happen with metroid dread 2.1 ( i use the 900p and lod exefs mod for metroid) with mario kart it also happens (latest update) (only 2 games i tested)
Metroid seems to happen quicker maybe then mariokart, or maybe it doesn't matter at all.

Anyways when the console is in sort of a soft lock state. I keep press power button and the menu pops(this is the only part where the console is responsive) I choose restart and have to wait literally like 4 or 5 minutes before my console has restarted.

Any idea what is causing this and as to fix?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it boot fine without the sysmodule then the issue is the sysmodule, so you have to figure out what is causing your problem by going one by one seeing what causing the problem.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pull out all the Sysmodules and then reintroduce them one at a time until it crashes again. Once you can consistently replicate in isolation the Dev who built that module should be able to assist.

Reactions: Hayato213

ezquimalito90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine crash with some overlays after 1.5.1:

edizon
sys clk

the overlay crash but the program works on the hbmenu. status monitor doesn't crash but is not working correctly.

these are working great:
fpslocker
reversenx-rt
fizeau

Reactions: evansicaria

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Since Atmosphere 1.5.0 there is less space for sysmodules available, so if you had many installed, you should reconsider deleting some.

This is why I'm not updating to 16.0.0 so I can stick with pre 1.5.0 atmosphere :P

One person had exactly the same issue and after wiping whole contents folder and pasting only tesla and SaltyNX sysmodules everything is now fine.

Reactions: sean222

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since Atmosphere 1.5.0 there is less space for sysmodules available, so if you had many installed, you should reconsider deleting some.

This is why I'm not updating to 16.0.0 so I can stick with pre 1.5.0 atmosphere :P

One person had exactly the same issue and after wiping whole contents folder and pasting only tesla and SaltyNX sysmodules everything is now fine.
I find out syshidplus was the softlock problem. but now i have a different problem, i move out all exefs and contents folder and i still crash when going in status monitor(though no softlock this time)
I try update, saltynx,fpslocker,nxfps,teslamenu but no good... :(
It seems to behave differently across games. for example mario kart 8 i cant get it to crash so far. but with Kao the kangaroo constant crashing

1679270161184.png

Post automatically merged:

edizon
sys clk

the overlay crash but the program works on the hbmenu. status monitor doesn't crash but is not working correctly.

these are working great:
fpslocker
reversenx-rt
fizeau
Seems to be other way around. no problem with edizon, sysclk,status monitor. fpslocker i put game kao kangeroo to 60 fps boom i get atmosphere crash.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

evansicaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

edizon
sys clk

these are working great:
fpslocker
reversenx-rt
fizeau
Exactly the same problem. Did u find how to fix?

ezquimalito90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly the same problem. Did u find how to fix?
no, I also started to have problem docked when activating overlays. and Saltynx was giving me problems with DK Country. At the end I removed tesla menu and all the overlays. Now I only utilize Sys-con, Sys clk, Fizeau via the hb-menu. Other stuff that requieres the tesla menu and saltynx are giving me some kind of problem.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
any update or work around?
You know, since creation of this topic I have released several updates to different stuff to not only add features, but also solve many bugs.

So would you kindly at least provide what versions of each homebrew you are using to confirm that whichever bug still exists, when this happens, etc? It would so much better than just saying "me too" but by using different words.

Reactions: QCLasky

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You know, since creation of this topic I have released several updates to different stuff to not only add features, but also solve many bugs.

So would you kindly at least provide what versions of each homebrew you are using to confirm that whichever bug still exists, when this happens, etc? It would so much better than just saying "me too" but by using different words.
My bad. I didn't provide the my switch status. All is up to date. I'm just getting an error during docked whenever I try to pullup sysclk using Tesla Menu.
But it's fix now when I used the Tesla Menu fork by DefenderOfHyrule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end