WUT
2888e3145c494f28bee0524b9c2c365e.png

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is this using an old/slow method of drawing to the screen? I'm curious as to why the colors seem to "come down" from the top. They should appear instantly. Smoother/faster results can be achieved in just userland browserhax without any kernel exploit.

Another thing is that it seems to repeat colors, which is something that I don't believe happens on the 3ds when hax is activated (as each color means a different step in the exploit chain).

Just observations though, I can only speak for what I know. I don't believe these minor things would be capable of discrediting anything. Friendly reminder though that this video of the 5.5 kexploit (by @Mathew_Wi) was posted three months before the 5.5 leak (not release).

If you think about the way the ARM is wired in, I'd say it's not completely unreasonable to have that scrolling effect, if it's OSScreen (which would be pretty silly, needs a PPC-side handler or DMA). 32 bits at a time over a mysterious IPC connection, add overheads for handlers and waiting for ACKs... I could see it being slow.
However, all the "confirmed IOSU 4 realz" stuff we've seen has a unique, monospace font and backgrounding thing (if you remember smea's coldboothax, that font is the same as here) which makes me think that the ARM has a unique OSScreen-style library. Again remembering coldboothax, the text scrolled into view then as well. Whether or not both these scrolling effects are intentional is another question.

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country

NWPlayer is basically Smea at this point: Teasing but never releasing...

NWPlayer123 did not help with any of this, nor does s(he) have any code afaik. This looks like it's going to be a repeat of the GX2 Kernel exploit where it was unofficially renamed "NWPlayer123's Illuminatihax" when they had nothing to do with developing it. I don't know why NWPlayer123 is doing this.

pikminn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NWPlayer123 did not help with any of this, nor does s(he) have any code afaik. This looks like it's going to be a repeat of the GX2 Kernel exploit where it was unofficially renamed "NWPlayer123's Illuminatihax" when they had nothing to do with developing it. I don't know why NWPlayer123 is doing this.

Yeah that's what I heard from it. She apparently deleted it because Matt - oh wait is it you she was talking about then? *facepalm*

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
I could rant a whole lote about him/her here but since I don't want to risk another strike point, meh...

Just to keep it short: Don't listen to anything NWPlayer "tweets" or "releases" anymore. There's no proof tweeted from him/her at all that'd indeed show a working IOSU exploit (except for that doubtful picture s/he didn't even own, it was someone elses picture...)

Reactions: CJB100

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pssst. If you want the credit just release it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol