Nusspli installation failed

weejew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been downloading games to my portable hardrive from nusspli I have a y cable conect to wii u but all of a sudden it says "installation failed possible usb failure check your drives power source files might be corrupt". When I download to the nand wii u hard drive it works but when I switch it to me portable hardrive it comes with that error I even reinstalled nusspli but I still get that error can anyone help me please

Attachments

• 20230505_095355.jpg
    20230505_095355.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 74

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been downloading games to my portable hardrive from nusspli I have a y cable conect to wii u but all of a sudden it says "installation failed possible usb failure check your drives power source files might be corrupt". When I download to the nand wii u hard drive it works but when I switch it to me portable hardrive it comes with that error I even reinstalled nusspli but I still get that error can anyone help me please
Are you using a Y-Cable? If not then this maybe why your having issues
Sorry just seen you are maybe try your HDD in Different ports also check to see if NUSspli has a update get it from the GitHub.

Lack of power could also maybe be faulty Y-Cable.
Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

weejew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry just seen you are maybe try your HDD in Different ports also check to see if NUSspli has a update get it from the GitHub.

Sent from my 2201122G using Ta

My nusspli is on the latest version the games that I installed on the portable hardrive still works on it I just can't download games into it anymore surely if the y cable was faulty than surely I wouldn't be able to play my games that is installed in the portable hard drive?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm unsure what to suggest at this point maybe @V10lator can help but honestly seems a bit strange what HDD is it you have. Maybe try unplugging it and switch the USB's around and try again.

weejew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm unsure what to suggest at this point maybe @V10lator can help but honestly seems a bit strange what HDD is it you have. Maybe try unplugging it and switch the USB's around and try again.

I've tried all that already still nothing its called unionsine 500gb I got it from amazon. And it also comes with this error aswell.

Attachments

• 20230504_233224.jpg
    20230504_233224.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 72

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
It may be the HDD it's a brand I haven't really heard of you may need a new HDD I'm assuming if anything is this HDD isn't actually 500GB and it maybe why your having Issues some things on Amazon aren't what they seem they sell a lot of Fake products like SSD's and HDD's I also could be wrong with this though. But it's my assumption

weejew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may be the HDD it's a brand I haven't really heard of you may need a new HDD I'm assuming if anything is this HDD isn't actually 500GB and it maybe why your having Issues some things on Amazon aren't what they seem they sell a lot of Fake products like SSD's and HDD's I also could be wrong with this though. But it's my assumption

Do you think I should format my hdd? But all the games that's installed in it still works so if there was something wrong it wouldn't work right?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe but if you format it then you will lose all your things you've already downloaded.
Also sorry late reply I normally use Tapatalk for forums and I only just got your notification even though you posted ages ago.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a similar issue. I know this thread is old but I think its Nusspli that has the problem.

It's not a big deal but would be nice to get it working. I can move a game to my sd card and it installs ok with Nusspli. But, if I copy to my hdd install folder via ftp, then install, it gives me a red screen saying I need to check power. It starts to install the game but eventually kicks up this screen. This is an external powered drive. It's clearly powered by the adapter. I bought a brand new drive because I thought it was my drive I had been using.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ulao Please check that your SD cards are fine. They should be formatted to FAT32 with 32 kb cluster size and the filesystem label (name) should not be wiiu. Also there's https://3ds.hacks.guide/de_DE/h2testw-(windows).html to check the card for defects.

@weejew Sorry for this late reply but in case it is still an issue try to connect the power only end of your HDDs Y cable to a powerfull wall charger instead of the Wii U and see if that helps. NUSspli does very intense writes while downloading, causing some HDDs to create power demand spikes higher than under normal operation (like game loading which is mostly reading but not much writing).

//EDIT: Sorry @ulao , missinterpreted what you wrote... So same to you: Try to connect the power only end of the HDD to a powerfull wall charger and see if that helps. No need to check your SD card for issues, sorry again.

//EDIT²: It could also be filesystem corruption on the HDD. I guess you don't want to hear this as it means to backup saves, reinstall all games and stuff but maybe try to reformat the HDD.

//EDIT³: Ofc. syslogs of this would be golden as that way we won't have to guess what's going on but would see it. This won't land at slc:/sys/logs/ through as it is no crash and I guess none of you knows how to grab the logs live from the running system?
The issue here is that the installation routine of the Wii U returns an error. Now ofc. I don't have access to documentation of the installation routine of the Wii U, so NUSspli just assumes the returned error codes means the USB drive is underpowered as this is most often the cause of it but I guess it's more of a general code for USB issues or something like that.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Blythe93

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ulao Please check that your SD cards are fine. They should be formatted to FAT32 with 32 kb cluster size and the filesystem label (name) should not be wiiu. Also there's https://3ds.hacks.guide/de_DE/h2testw-(windows).html to check the card for defects.

@weejew Sorry for this late reply but in case it is still an issue try to connect the power only end of your HDDs Y cable to a powerfull wall charger instead of the Wii U and see if that helps. NUSspli does very intense writes while downloading, causing some HDDs to create power demand spikes higher than under normal operation (like game loading which is mostly reading but not much writing).

//EDIT: Sorry @ulao , missinterpreted what you wrote... So same to you: Try to connect the power only end of the HDD to a powerfull wall charger and see if that helps. No need to check your SD card for issues, sorry again.

//EDIT²: It could also be filesystem corruption on the HDD. I guess you don't want to hear this as it means to backup saves, reinstall all games and stuff but maybe try to reformat the HDD.

//EDIT³: Ofc. syslogs of this would be golden as that way we won't have to guess what's going on but would see it. This won't land at slc:/sys/logs/ through as it is no crash and I guess none of you knows how to grab the logs live from the running system?
The issue here is that the installation routine of the Wii U returns an error. Now ofc. I don't have access to documentation of the installation routine of the Wii U, so NUSspli just assumes the returned error codes means the USB drive is underpowered as this is most often the cause of it but I guess it's more of a general code for USB issues or something like that.
I think the entire issue was the FTP, really surpriced at that but using NuysSpli dirrect got it done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1