Hacking NUS Downloader Alternative for Mac

jhenry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to update my Wii from System Menu 3.3U to play some of my discs, but I can't see how to do that with only a Mac as my computer access. Any help for us Mac users?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a handy update button built right into the Wii's system settings. Plus your Wii will even prompt you to install updates from a disc that needs them. Amazing how Nintendo were considerate enough to include those features, and not rely on people to manually download updates on a computer.

If you must do it manually, I believe there were some cross platform Python based tools. NUS WAD Packer or something like that was one, written by Xuzz using wii.py. Might have been other stuff too, not completely sure.

http://gbatemp.net/t...r-v10-released/ - Mac link is broken, source link is there. If you install Python and any other needed stuff, source should work. The compiled Mac version might have made it easier, but it should be possible to run it from the source.

EDIT: Instructions for use on Mac: http://gbatemp.net/topic/174577-nus-wad-packer-v10-released/page__view__findpost__p__2195239

Reactions: 1 person

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or do it the simple way and download the 4.2 system menu wads from this guide
http://gbatemp.net/t...y-wii-43-below/
Then install them.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link up42x.zip for your region by emailing [email protected] (you should get a reply with links in a few seconds).
FORMAT your SD card.
Extract the "up42x.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Update to 4.2
If you already have The Homebrew Channel installed for whatever reason, you can skip Bannerbomb and run YAWM Multimod Batch directly.

Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
(If it freezes or nothing shows up, try another version of bannerbomb.)
This runs YAWM Multimod Batch, and will start installing all the wads to get your wii to 4.2!
You can then erase everything from the up42x.zip & setup everything from the mod.zip

Advance to the Modify 4.2/4.3 section.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I live in the United States, everything I do to my wii is illigal no matter how I do it. So what is your point? Installing the hbc circomvents the protections placed by Nintendo, it violates U.S. law and is probably illigall in many other countries as well. So what's your point? You don't think that nus downloader decrypting nintendo wads, trucha patching them is illegal? It is very illegal, depending where you live.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Since I live in the United States, everything I do to my wii is illigal no matter how I do it. So what is your point? Installing the hbc circomvents the protections placed by Nintendo, it violates U.S. law and is probably illigall in many other countries as well. So what's your point? You don't think that nus downloader decrypting nintendo wads, trucha patching them is illegal? It is very illegal, depending where you live.
Have you ever heard the expression that two wrongs don't make a right?

By your logic, someone who steals internet is just as bad as someone who steals internet and satelite tv because they're already doing one illegal thing. It might not be the best example, but you probably get my point.

Anyways, I'm just playing devil's advocate, I don't want to start an off topic debate in this thread.

Back on topic, I'm surprised no one mentioned that if the Wii itself has wifi access then it can download\install IOSs via dop-mii, mmm, wiimod, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1