Hacking NTSC-J console with D2Ckey Game Compatibility list

Elsuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a NTSC-J console with D2Ckey and firmware 3.1J, could someone kindly let me know on games that will not brick my system. I realize there is a compatibility list on sticky but it seems like it's for Wiikey, hope you could lend a hand.

InfernoZeus

Trophies
Website
radakan.org
XP
Country
The compatibility list is for playing patched games of a different region than that of your Wii. If you have a D2CKey, and up-to-date firmware, you should be able to download and burn ISO's without bricking your system, as long as they are of NTSC-J format.

From the D2CKey official website:
QUOTE said:
Super Mario Galaxy + D2CKey = True! - 2007-10-29

Various sites are reporting that backups of Super Mario Galaxy are working with D2CKey, but not with any other modchips! We have tested a backup of the USA version of SMG and can confirm that it does in fact work on the USA NTSC Wii with D2CKey. The USA version of SMG will not work on other region consoles, but we are confident that backups of other region versions of the game will work on other region consoles. We will post more news about this as soon as we can obtain original game discs from the other regions to test.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably, the game's that work on other region Wii's aren't because of modchip's differences, it's pretty much whether or not they can boot using another Wii's system software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM