NTSC backups on PAL Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Pikachu123angel, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Pikachu123angel
    OP

Pikachu123angel Nintendo Ninja

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2010
    Stoke, England
    Just wondering really, is it possible to play NTSC backups using a PAL Wii?
    I've tried a couple using both default and PAL 50Hz video modes, but NTSC backups refuse to load. Is it just because the region of the game doesn't match my Wii?

2. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    i play them all the time on my pal wii
    i use usb loader gx.
    i it set to system default if that does not work(rarly doesn't)i use disk default

3. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    Every modern backup loader (Wiiflow / CFG mod / USBloader X / PostLoader) should be able to play NTSC games on a PAL wii.
    Maybe your TV is incompatible..or...
    Things you could try if you ARE using one of the latest and it is still not working is: try fiddling with the video settings of the loader or update your cios.
    It also could be the Hard drive you are using is incompatible or has errors or your backups are corrupted.
    Or if you use a burned disc, your wii is a newer wii which does not read burned discs.

4. Pikachu123angel
    OP

Pikachu123angel Nintendo Ninja

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2010
    Stoke, England
    I know that the files themselves are fine because I can load them using Dolphin (PC emulator for Wii). And I don't think it's an issue with my hard drive/cios/wii because I can load PAL backups perfectly fine. I'll try a different loader, see if that makes any difference, because I've tried several video settings and I still get a black screen.